Aerosmith retires from touring (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Full Text:

It was 1970 when a spark of inspiration became Aerosmith. Thanks to you, our Blue Army, that spark caught flame and has been burning for over five decades. Some of you have been with us since the beginning and all of you are the reason we made rock ‘n’ roll history.

It has been the honor of our lives to have our music become part of yours. In every club, on every massive tour and at moments grand and private you have given us a place in the soundtrack of your lives.

We’ve always wanted to blow your mind when performing. As you know, Steven’s voice is an instrument like no other. He has spent months tirelessly working on getting his voice to where it was before his injury. We’ve seen him struggling despite having the best medical team by his side. Sadly, it is clear, that a full recovery from his vocal injury is not possible. We have made a heartbreaking and difficult, but necessary, decision - as a band of brothers - to retire from the touring stage.

We are grateful beyond words for everyone who was pumped to get on the road with us one last time. Grateful to our expert crew, our incredible team and the thousands of talented people who’ve made our historic runs possible. A final thank you to you - the best fans on planet Earth. Play our music loud, now and always. Dream On. You’ve made our dreams come true.

*For those who purchased their tickets through Ticketmaster, you will automatically be refunded – there is nothing further you need to do. For those who purchased via third-party resale sites such as SeatGeek, StubHub, VividSeats, etc. – please reach out to your point of purchase for more details.*

Holograms and AI can put any group back on stage. It’s just a matter of time before the Beatles will be touring again. :scratch:

Holograms and AI can put any group back on stage. It’s just a matter of time before the Beatles will be touring again. :scratch:

I remember it well. Now Aerosmith will be on everyone’s wish list too. :hihi:

They had a very long run, liked most of their early stuff, not very keen on their pop ballady ending.....

FYI - Carl Palmer (one of the best drummers still alive IMO) is touring and they are somehow simulating Emerson and Lake, my friend's brother saw one of the shows and said it was awesome....

Still a rock star at 76, though. Dang good run.

Man that sucks. But such is life. I hope Stephen can heal so the band can perform once in a while but it was an awesome ride if it can’t happen.

I’ll be jammin’ to Aerosmith all day today.

Man that sucks. But such is life. I hope Stephen can heal so the band can perform once in a while but it was an awesome ride if it can’t happen.

I’ll be jammin’ to Aerosmith all day today.
Sometimes it’s best for these power rocker vocalists to call it a career sooner rather than try to squeak their way through a few more world tours. I’m glad Robert Plant realized that he couldn’t continue belting out the vocals that made Zep great.

Sometimes it’s best for these power rocker vocalists to call it a career sooner rather than try to squeak their way through a few more world tours. I’m glad Robert Plant realized that he couldn’t continue belting out the vocals that made Zep great.

He still does actually, just not with LZ.....If you haven't seen him with Allison Krause and her band you should check it out....awesome stuff....

He still does actually, just not with LZ.....If you haven't seen him with Allison Krause and her band you should check it out....awesome stuff....
Yeah he still can sing, but nowhere close to what he did as Zeppelin’s front man. Their reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena was proof that he gave all he had left to do those songs. He wouldn’t have lasted for very long trying to tour again.

Yeah he still can sing, but nowhere close to what he did as Zeppelin’s front man. Their reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena was proof that he gave all he had left to do those songs. He wouldn’t have lasted for very long trying to tour again.

I don't now about nowhere close but point taken....dude is 75, he appears to have held up very well....

I don't now about nowhere close but point taken....dude is 75, he appears to have held up very well....
Yes you’re right, and he will always be a rock legend. But Plant didn’t want to go out doing Zep songs like he did in this video:

Areosmith is my favorite band of all time. love them, but was only able to see them in concert once in the early 90s. their older stuff is great, but my favorite album of theirs is Get A Grip.

back in like 2012 (give or take a few years) my wife was in DC for work and Eddie Money was performing. being a big fan of 80s music, she made sure she got to the front row at the concert. she said he was in such bad shape, looked like he was about to have a stroke at any minute, couldn't remember half the lyrics to the songs. she was quite disappointed.
that being said, I'd rather Aerosmith go out before they are like that...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom