AFC Championship Game (Go Bills!) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am one of those dual team fans. I have two hometowns split in my youth.

I was born Buffalo in 1980. Got to witness the great Bills teams of 90's. I always pretended I was Andre Reed while playing football in the snow. It was an amazing place to grow up and be a football fan.

Moved to the MS coast in 95 as a 14 year old and followed the Saints loosely as an adopted team. Always a knowledgeable football fan I was interested to see how they'd do after moving on from Mora. I kind of blocked out the Ditka years as I knew he preferred the golf course to the gridiron by then. Watched closely each year Haslett coached and felt by the as the Bills struggles were just beginning that I was in for a tough stretch.

Then Katrina came. And like many of us the Saints galvanized the region. I became a hardcore Saints fan. When we got the Lombardi I cried. My father and I hugged and that never happens. It was a curative for those Bills losses.

There are a lot of parallels between Buffalo and New Orleans. Both great food cities, both with great music scenes. Both hard working blue collar drinking towns. I'm throwing this prayer up there that the Bills take this one game at a time and win just two more. It's coincidental that the last time the Bills made it to the AFC Championship the dispatched the Montana led Chiefs.

Maybe I can get some of you that are ambivalent about the game get behind the Bills tonight.

I'm also kind of excited to watch Stills tonight. We have an really strong receiving group.

Super nervous. Let's Go Buffalo!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom