After 31 years, Director Roman Polanski is arrested (1 Viewer)

shoot, maybe the girl liked it. but didn't like-like it.

Well, you know, she was, like, still in middle school and all so your description, like, fits, you know??? :hihi:

Well that's much worse than drugging and raping a 13 year old in the butt. Just ask Whoopi.

Yeah, poor kid. Ten years for bad judgment, bad law and a bad lawyer......

...Wilson maintained his innocence. "I know that it was consensual," he told "Primetime." "I wouldn't went on with the acts if it wasn't consensual. I'm not that kind of person. No means no."

Five of the boys accepted plea deals, but Wilson -- the only one without a police record -- held out. "I knew Genarlow's state of mind," said his attorney, Michael Mann. "He wasn't going to prison willingly. He wasn't going to plea to something in his mind he didn't do."

He stood trial in February 2005 for five days. And at first, the jury's deliberations moved swiftly. Jurors voted to acquit Wilson of raping the 17-year-old.

"I mean it wasn't even an hour," said jury forewoman Marie Manigault. "We immediately saw the tape for what it was. We went back and saw it again and saw what actually happened and everybody immediately said not guilty."

But there was one other charge the jury had to decide on. The second girl in the videotape was 15, and the age of consent in Georgia is 16. And under state law, prosecutors charged Wilson with aggravated child molestation. To those close to the young man, it was an outrage.

"Nobody could believe that this is the law," Mann said.

Even jurors frowned on the charge. "A bad law, absolutely," Manigault said.

And in Georgia, that they'd had oral sex made matters worse. Until 1998, oral sex between husband and wife was illegal, punishable by up to 20 years in prison. In Wilson's case, even though he is only two years older than the girl, she was 15 and -- willing or not -- could not consent legally that night.

Whatever their feelings about the law, jurors felt they had no choice but to find Wilson guilty of aggravated child molestation. Moments later, back in the jury room, jurors were told for the first time that the conviction came with a mandatory sentence of at least 10 years in prison. In addition, Wilson would be forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life....

oh man this thread sucks...I was hoping someone would defend Polanski so we could all get a good laugh at the defender.

I'll defend him for arguments sake.

Did you know the 13 year old girl wasn't a virgin?
That she had taken Quaalude before ad could recognize the specific 'brand' that he offered her?

I'll defend him for arguments sake.

Did you know the 13 year old girl wasn't a virgin?
That she had taken Quaalude before ad could recognize the specific 'brand' that he offered her?

That just sounds to me like some other pervert might be guilty of rape too.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ac6bbea77418442/4ac66415f431d31e/92050690/-cpid/b17f21de66218eb0" id="W4727a250e66f97234ac6bbea77418442" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ac6bbea77418442/4ac66415f431d31e/92050690/-cpid/b17f21de66218eb0" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

I haven't seen this posted: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/01/polanski.prosecutor.admits.lie/

The prosecutor he admitted he lied in the hbo doc.

If true, then the oddity in all this is that Polanski more than likely gets probation back in the day and now faces life in prison. We treat sex with teens with a much more ironn fist today - as long as it is a man being prosecuted.

We treat sex with teens with a much more ironn fist today - as long as it is a man being prosecuted.

Thirteen is the first of the teenage years. This is not a place to play devils advocate. Unless you truly want to defend his actions?

Thirteen is the first of the teenage years. This is not a place to play devils advocate. Unless you truly want to defend his actions?

Where do you get that I am playing devil's advocate or trying to defend him?

I haven't seen this posted: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/01/polanski.prosecutor.admits.lie/

The prosecutor he admitted he lied in the hbo doc.

If true, then the oddity in all this is that Polanski more than likely gets probation back in the day and now faces life in prison. We treat sex with teens with a much more ironn fist today - as long as it is a man being prosecuted.
So let's recap a bit.

Polanski essentially drugged (provided alchohol to) a 13 year old then sodomized her and has admitted to that. The victim is fine to forget it all now but still maintains that it was not consensual and was rape.

Certain people decide to produce an exculpatory whitewash piece and use lies from the prosecutor to paint Polanski in a sympathetic light.

Bottom line is that he sodomized a teenager and then fled justice and lived free for 30 years. And he is being painted as some kind of victim himself?

I don't get the defense of this guy.

Last edited:
Well...it wasn't rape, rape... right? I mean, we should all be so lucky as to be drugged and anally raped by such an esteemed film maker.

Hervé Témime, another lawyer, said: "It's an enormous satisfaction and a great relief after the pain suffered by Roman Polanski and his family."

:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom