After 9/11 we have now 11/9 (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
This is a pretty terrible thing to say. Not about it insulting Trump and his supporterss, but rather dishonoring those who died that day.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I fully expect all kinds of international outcry tomorrow morning. But you know what? In global terms, America has always been your crazy-*** drunk redneck neighbor. We've got engine parts lying around all over the yard, our kids always have snotty noses and our dog is always crapping in your yard. But you know, last month we helped you with that brake job, because we have all the good tools and the know-how. And last week our wife brought you a nice casserole when your aunt died. And we've always got a tallboy bud light in the fridge just for you.
And so, this time, this one little time, we got hammered and drove our truck into your front porch. Sorry, we really are. We wasn't thinkin, we just messed up. But really, ir ain't no big thing, we'll help you fix it, then later we'll all go out to the trashy strip club together and burn that good joint after. Thats how we roll. You know you love us for it.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's an interesting analogy. 11/9 is also a national day of mourning for American values. Trump is a cheater, anti 1st amendment, a bully, an alleged rapist, doesn't pay his debts, a mysogonist, unstable, anti-Muslim, tax evader, probably treasonous, anti-NATO, pro nuclear proliferation, anti trade, anti-middle class, anti-intellectual, conspiracy theorist, climate change denier, anti-inclusionary, and probably the most well known liar ever elected. The next 4 years I'll be preaching to my kids to not be anything like this man. I'll preach that they should emulate one of the most decent men to ever serve, Obama.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I fully expect all kinds of international outcry tomorrow morning. But you know what? In global terms, America has always been your crazy-*** drunk redneck neighbor. We've got engine parts lying around all over the yard, our kids always have snotty noses and our dog is always crapping in your yard. But you know, last month we helped you with that brake job, because we have all the good tools and the know-how. And last week our wife brought you a nice casserole when your aunt died. And we've always got a tallboy bud light in the fridge just for you.
And so, this time, this one little time, we got hammered and drove our truck into your front porch. Sorry, we really are. We wasn't thinkin, we just messed up. But really, ir ain't no big thing, we'll help you fix it, then later we'll all go out to the trashy strip club together and burn that good joint after. Thats how we roll. You know you love us for it.
I like your perspective, but this is closer to setting your house on fire with your family inside. We'll try to save them before anyone gets killed, but they may be left with permanent scars. This could have horrible ripples all over the world that will be harder to undo than Bush's policies.

OP
booya

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
This is a pretty terrible thing to say. Not about it insulting Trump and his supporterss, but rather dishonoring those who died that day.
Both are very important dates that will have a massiv influence of the World.

That's all what I am saying and that is not about dishonoring those who died on 9/11.
For certain not and I do apologize if I gave you the feeling that it was meant in that way.
I still remember where I was and what I did on that day as I was in shock and I am a German.
It was also not about insulting the Trump supporters. This post was done without judging either side.

All what I wanted to point out is that you can see this day as a funny one in terms of great days ahead or you can see them as scary times ahead.
And therefore can you see this date as the beginning of a new great area and revenge time for what happend on 9/11 or the complete opposite

I do have my opinion on Trump and I do have my opinon on Hillary.
Neither qualified in my eyes as a good president to tackle the challenges that we do have in the World.
But I do know who I have prefered as the lesser evil for the World.

The only real fear and whish that I have is... please, please hide the Nukes!

pmiceli

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
You should travel a bit more and read more history.

OP
booya

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score

Study history is a good hint.

In case you ever wondered during your school time how the German people could allow the Nazis to gain power when it was clear that they are rassist, will threaten and harm the minorities and see themself as superior compared to everybody else in the world...

Don't ask no more.

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I've lived in 8 different states. I've lived in Germany, Spain and Bangladesh and I've visited at least 9-10 counties otherwise. And I minored in world history. For a kid from a town of 200 in Evangeline Parish, I dont feel like I'm coming from a place of ignorance here. The post I made was clearly a joke, but that is somewhat how the world sees America. Donald Trump will not define us unless we want him to.

pmiceli

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've lived in 8 different states. I've lived in Germany, Spain and Bangladesh and I've visited at least 9-10 counties otherwise. And I minored in world history. For a kid from a town of 200 in Evangeline Parish, I dont feel like I'm coming from a place of ignorance here. The post I made was clearly a joke, but that is somewhat how the world sees America. Donald Trump will not define us unless we want him to.
That is not how the world sees America and it is not the truth about America either.

It may be the viewpoint expressed by media organizations and certain governments for their own purposes but it certainly isn't the truth.

I will take your word that it was a joke because you genuinely seem to be taking the high road this morning.

saint_cajun78

Very Banned
Reaction score
It's an interesting analogy. 11/9 is also a national day of mourning for American values. Trump is a cheater, anti 1st amendment, a bully, an alleged rapist, doesn't pay his debts, a mysogonist, unstable, anti-Muslim, tax evader, probably treasonous, anti-NATO, pro nuclear proliferation, anti trade, anti-middle class, anti-intellectual, conspiracy theorist, climate change denier, anti-inclusionary, and probably the most well known liar ever elected. The next 4 years I'll be preaching to my kids to not be anything like this man. I'll preach that they should emulate one of the most decent men to ever serve, Obama.

You mad bro?! Ahh sweet Hillary tears!

OP
booya

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
That is not how the world sees America and it is not the truth about America either.

It may be the viewpoint expressed by media organizations and certain governments for their own purposes but it certainly isn't the truth.

I will take your word that it was a joke because you genuinely seem to be taking the high road this morning.
To be frank... yes it is a joke but it does have a point and is actually quite a good analogy. I had to smile and nod my head when reading it...
Trump is basically a very fitting example for how many see the USA.

Certainly not all see it that way as several countries + their people do see the USA as the pure evil others as a strong reliable partner.

But the general view and that is almost in all regions of the world the case is that US people/companies are often lacking the sensitivity for local specialities and rules and just like to impose their will and their rules and find it odd when things are working different compared to the US.

One small but typical example...
The USA is the only country in the world where the standard is that the recipent of an SMS message has to pay the cost.
All other countries work in that way, that the sender of the message has to pay for the transport cost.

Question to you pmiceli what is your experience how people in the world see the USA

OP
booya

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's not like we elected Hitler.
I sure hope so that you didn't.

But no one was expecting Hitler to turn into Hitler and we only see Hitler now as a bad person because he lost the war.

But before Hitler gained all this power was he just a loud speaking, opposition surpressing, racist and hate speech person who said that he is the only solution for all problems and that he will correct the shame that Germany had to suffer due to loosing the first World War.
And that he will turn Germany into a superpower nation.

The start of Trump does sound familiar from my point of view but you have a much stronger opposition compared to what Germany had back in the days.

And Trump knows that the US economy will only work nowadays within a connected world.

People tend to not buy any product from a country that nukes them.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We also have a fundamentally different structure of government. Even if Trump wanted or tried to, he could never just do what he wants. Presidents in the US don't have that kind of power. He can do a lot of things, but he doesn't have a whole lot of power to influence public policy without the cooperation of Congress. Not to mention his term only lasts 4 years, or 8 years at most if he gets reelected.

I sure hope so that you didn't.

But no one was expecting Hitler to turn into Hitler and we only see Hitler now as a bad person because he lost the war.

But before Hitler gained all this power was he just a loud speaking, opposition surpressing, racist and hate speech person who said that he is the only solution for all problems and that he will correct the shame that Germany had to suffer due to loosing the first World War.
And that he will turn Germany into a superpower nation.

The start of Trump does sound familiar from my point of view but you have a much stronger opposition compared to what Germany had back in the days.

And Trump knows that the US economy will only work nowadays within a connected world.

People tend to not buy any product from a country that nukes them.

OP
booya

booya

All-Pro
Reaction score
We also have a fundamentally different structure of government. Even if Trump wanted or tried to, he could never just do what he wants. Presidents in the US don't have that kind of power. He can do a lot of things, but he doesn't have a whole lot of power to influence public policy without the cooperation of Congress. Not to mention his term only lasts 4 years, or 8 years at most if he gets reelected.

I see your point but also Hitler didn't had the power in the beginning.
But he took the needed actions to slowly gain that power.

Same is true when you check what Erdogan is currently doing in Turkey.
At the beginning was he in the same position like Trump is now.. but he is constantly taking actions to make certain he can't be replaced anymore and will have all power under his control.

He has just started a criminial investigation against all politicans from the opposition because they critizied that he is throwing all journalist in jail that are not 100% on his side.

First actions:
Make sure you control the press and silence your strongest rivals.
You do so by controling the judges and making criminal cases up.

Not saying that Trump will try the same... but I would be very alert for exactly those signs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom