After a slow start to his career, Lutz has become a Justin Tucker clone (1 Viewer)

The crazy thing is we had 2 kickers the whole preaseason battling it out, one which was Dustin Hopkins. Sean went with Zac Hocket after the preseason came to end. Then got Will Lutz to come try out and immediately released Hocker just after a tryout

Actually Hopkins and Hocker were before Lutz. Hocker beat out Hopkins (who has gone on to have a solid career with Washington) then Hocker was terrible so mid season we signed Kai Forbath and he finished that season. Next season we brought in Conner Barth to compete with Forbath and Forbath won only to be cut after Lutz workout.

We were such a revolving door at kicker throughout SP's entire tenure such that I thought Cairo Santos was the answer until he ended up at Kansas City for 3 years. Well, good thing we didn't pick him up as an UDFA because since then, he's been on 6 different teams. Luckily somehow we finally got over that kicking problem and we no longer have to hold our breath EVERY time we kick a FG. But I just don't want to jinx Deez Lutz.

He's also a sincerely good guy. Hope he and Morstead both stick around for a long time (although Morstead's cap number might end being a problem). They are both as solid as they come.

Actually Hopkins and Hocker were before Lutz. Hocker beat out Hopkins (who has gone on to have a solid career with Washington) then Hocker was terrible so mid season we signed Kai Forbath and he finished that season. Next season we brought in Conner Barth to compete with Forbath and Forbath won only to be cut after Lutz workout.

Thats right

I knew hopkins and Hocker came before Lutz as I said.

I just didn't remember hocker lasting half the season lol.

It was forbath that got released after the Lutz tryout. Which is why I remembered thinking that, that was crazy.

Forbath didnt do bad with us, the year prior after signing on.

I think I remember Sean stating in an interview one time that Lutz had one of the best tryouts he has ever seen.

Thank God for Harbaugh

Its actually crazy to think that at one point the Ravens had the 2 best kickers in the league.

Imagine cutting the 2nd best kicker in the league lol.

I mean i know he wasn't at the time he got cut. He had to work on some trajectory issues, but you could just see the potential oozing from him.

Lutz is fearless man, complete ice in his veins. There is never a moment too big for him, and thats the best trait to have as a kicker.

You cant teach that

Appreciate the refresher

Thats right

I knew hopkins and Hocker came before Lutz as I said.

I just didn't remember hocker lasting half the season lol.

It was forbath that got released after the Lutz tryout. Which is why I remembered thinking that, that was crazy.

Forbath didnt do bad with us, the year prior after signing on.

I think I remember Sean stating in an interview one time that Lutz had one of the best tryouts he has ever seen.

Thank God for Harbaugh

Its actually crazy to think that at one point the Ravens had the 2 best kickers in the league.

Imagine cutting the 2nd best kicker in the league lol.

I mean i know he wasn't at the time he got cut. He had to work on some trajectory issues, but you could just see the potential oozing from him.

Lutz is fearless man, complete ice in his veins. There is never a moment too big for him, and thats the best trait to have as a kicker.

You cant teach that

Appreciate the refresher

That is crazy thinking the Ravens had these two amazing kickers, hopefully we can look back in a few years and think man we had the two best punters on our roster LOL and we had to stash one on injured reserve to keep him!

I honestly didn’t think I’d ever see the day that Payton has a reliable kicker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom