N/S After beating LV, Falclowns fans talking about a postseason run (1 Viewer)

It really isn’t over until they’re officially eliminated, so I hope the Saints help keep that needle moving in the right direction. :hihi:

With 5 games to go, the current 7th seed is the Cardinals @ 6-5. The Clowns are 4-7. Since Morris took over, they are 4-2, and just demolished the Raiders. The 5 teams ahead of them vying for the last spot, they are either 5-6 or 4-7 as well. So, there really is a chance they could get in. But the Saints can dash those hopes next Sunday.

I’m not marking this as a sure win at all.

Yeah, the Raiders played like hot garbage Sunday. But the Falcons had been playing much better before our game a couple weeks ago and I’m sure their O and D feel like this is a chance for them to prove it was a one-off.

D-line needs to step up again. DBs need to play well again (could be a concern if Jenkins can’t go since he’d likely play Ridley a bit). And Taysom has to play with a lot more conviction than he did Sunday (which could’ve easily been bc of the circumstances).

This is a huge game for us. Maybe the second-toughest game left in the schedule behind K.C.

I’m not marking this as a sure win at all.

Yeah, the Raiders played like hot garbage Sunday. But the Falcons had been playing much better before our game a couple weeks ago and I’m sure their O and D feel like this is a chance for them to prove it was a one-off.

D-line needs to step up again. DBs need to play well again (could be a concern if Jenkins can’t go since he’d likely play Ridley a bit). And Taysom has to play with a lot more conviction than he did Sunday (which could’ve easily been bc of the circumstances).

This is a huge game for us. Maybe the second-toughest game left in the schedule behind K.C.

:goodpost: :00000654:

St. Spud,

Any WhoDat who has been around for a while should know that you can throw out the record book with this divisional rivalry series.

I’m hoping that we won’t need to break out the heart medication in the 4th quarter. :covri:

:gosaints:

Atlanta Sports Talk Radio is very confident about this game... Apparently the gift that Las Vegas gave them last week (where the Raiders made mistake on top of mistake on top of mistake) means the Clowns are all of the sudden good??!?

This morning they were discussing how this game will prove to be the game that Taysom Hill gets benched!

Usually, when a bad team wins a big game on the back of a bunch of turnovers and penalties, they come back down to earth hard the next week. That was a fluky game against the Raiders.

But we will see.

I remember a few years ago when the Saints were pretty much gasping their last breath but were still in contention for a WC spot in the post season and many Saints fans were having the same conversation.

It was then that I asked the question......................."does anyone REALLY want to see THIS team in the playoffs?"

Maybe the Falcons fans need to ask themselves the same question!!
I DEFINTELY remember those days. I'd be like "if the Saints win these last 3 games to get to 9-7 and team A loses 3 AND team B goes 1-2 AND team C loses to this team then we get the wildcard. "

Atlanta Sports Talk Radio is very confident about this game... Apparently the gift that Las Vegas gave them last week (where the Raiders made mistake on top of mistake on top of mistake) means the Clowns are all of the sudden good??!?

This morning they were discussing how this game will prove to be the game that Taysom Hill gets benched!

Even if they should beat us (I don't think they will), the silver lining is a win against the Saints may convince Count Chocula to keep the current coaching staff for the next few years!

I DEFINTELY remember those days. I'd be like "if the Saints win these last 3 games to get to 9-7 and team A loses 3 AND team B goes 1-2 AND team C loses to this team then we get the wildcard. "

Sort of like it was for our game vs. the Jaguars in ‘03, eh? :scratch:

:gosaints

They always do this. No matter how many losses in a row if they win ONE game they start talking playoffs and how the team can turn it around and how they are set up for future success. The most delusional fanbase in sports.

With all that said...Taysom can not play this Sunday like he played yesterday. He and Payton better get their act together as far as QB play goes or we're going to be ripe for letting Falcons fans continue their delusion.

Also, I would love for the Falcons to beat Tampa once for us. Just once. Heck, beat the Chargers and sweep the Bucs. That way they can fulfill their destiny and go 7-9 three straight years after they ripped us for doing that.

Yep, we definitely have our fair share of optimist/ idealists. Who could blame any fair for doing this; every game should have some meaning even if that meaning is a faint hope.

----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom