After boos at the World Series and mixed results at UFC, Trump will attend LSU at Bama (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
There was also a spontaneous MAGA hat and awkward hug when the Nats visited the White House . . .

1572899810495.png

WASHINGTON — As President Donald Trump declared Monday “Washington Nationals Day” to celebrate the team’s World Series title, he chronicled the Nats’ season from a 19-31 record in May to hoisting the Commissioner's Trophy in Houston last week.

Along the way, he arrived at Washington’s ninth-inning comeback against the New York Mets on Sept. 4. Down six runs with three outs to go, the Nats erased the deficit, capped by catcher Kurt Suzuki’s three-run, walk-off home run.

Trump called Suzuki to the podium and as he made his way there, the 36-year-old put on a red “Make America Great Again" hat, a trademark of Trump and his supporters since he jumped into politics in 2015.

Trump looked surprised by the gesture and hugged Suzuki from behind.

In front of the microphone, Suzuki said "I love you all. I love you all. Thank you."

The president and Suzuki shook hands, and then Trump said, "What a job he did. I didn't know that was going to happen."

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has he been planning on going to this game for awhile or is he really searching for some validation from a friendly crowd?
Did he ever attend sporting events before the World Series? I don’t remember him doing it.

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Not sure what good that's going to do him in Ohio and other rust belt states, though. There's not a strong identification with Southern culture, and there's some real antipathy for the SEC. He's gonna have to watch his mouth/tweets and not praise Alabama too much or he'll irritate rust-belt swing-state fans without realizing it.

His big timing issue right now is that there are no major NASCAR events for awhile (I don't think until Daytona), and NASCAR Nation really has a much more unified national common spirit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom