After Further Review! (1 Viewer)

Revis can only cover 1 reciever at time, Saints 31 Jets 17. GW will......................

RATTLE THE ROOKIE!!

I'm always careful about comparing one team's chances against the Saints based upon what I see in their game against any single team they have played already. Matchups frequently throw many teams off their original game plan.

But comparing one team's chances against the Saints when looking at the overall strength of schedule is a different matter.

We do not have a lot of data only 3 games into the season, but I like the following little tidbits ...

• The Jets have played the Texans, Patriots, and Titans; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 11, 16, and 19 respectively (average rank = 15.3) and the average margin of victory for the Jets is 10.3 pts. The Saints have played the Lions, Eagles, and Bills; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 3, 12, and 18 respectively (average rank = 11) and the average margin of victory for the Saints is 21.3 pts.

Observation: We have played better offenses than the Jets and won by more points.
  • The Jets opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 32, 6, and 18 (average rank = 18.7) and the Jets offense is ranked no. 20. The Saints opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 27, 5, and 28 (average rank = 20) and the Saints offense is ranked no. 1.

Observation: Though the Jets have played teams with marginally better defenses overall, their offense is ranked two spots below the average rank of their opponents' defenses while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots above the average rank of the defenses of their opponents.

Something else to take into consideration is that those defensive rankings for our opponents would look much better if they didn't have the Saints dropping 500 yards plus total offense on them.

I think "After Further Review" should be a SR.com feature! Not necessarily by me since after all I'm on the West Coast , not privy to inside stuff you get at home and can only watch a couple of games a week HOWEVER, after watching the Tenn. / jets game, I feel so much better about our chances. As others have pointed out, after further stat and viewing review, we get a better understanding of Our SAINTS chances, why we are where we are and why our opponents are where they are!
It's just a suggestion plus the title fits the bill! FWIW! I'll do it whenever I can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom