After Further Review! (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Just watched the replay of the Tenn. nyj game and can tell you this, WE WIN come SUNDAY IN THE DOME!
Of course the ball is shaped funny and can bounce a lot of ways due to blind luck however, there is no freak'in way our WR's , TE's or RB's drop the number of balls as Collins had dropped dead on, no way we allow The Dirty Sanchez feel so comfortable in his own skin with Grant and Smith settled into their groove now and Big Sed with Ayeodele (sp) will handle that running game which never got on track @ the jets last week either.

We run an offense so much more versitile and with such a better QB than what the jets saw in their first three games it's not comparable !!!!!

I have never felt so confident regarding our odds. Now, after all, it's why they play the game but I find it almost unthinkable our 69,000 fans will allow The Dirty Sanchez and the ny jets have anything close to momentum on Sunday on offense or even on defense!

JMHO After Further Review~~! I like our Rushing chances as well. Just no way this jets team is ready for what a mature SAINTS team can dish out!

Yea I agree. Just re watched it myself.
After the quick 14 by the Jets they didn't look that good.
Even 14 points down I think we would have beaten them.

Good post, but it will probably get lost in the shuffle with the other 30 threads on the Jets game alone.

This is definitely a "feel good" thread. :crossfingers::lit-journal-18392:

I hope you guys are right. Haven't watched the Titans-Jets game, but I thought Titans would win the game. I am feeling a lil' better reading this thread...

I hope you guys are right. Haven't watched the Titans-Jets game, but I thought Titans would win the game. I am feeling a lil' better reading this thread...

When the Titans were ahead 17-14 and smacking the Jets around in their own house, I wondered aloud how the @#$# did they lose? Then came the muffed punt and the Kerry Collins of Saints days with receivers of stone hands.

Tennessee will definetly rebound quite soon tho.

I'm always careful about comparing one team's chances against the Saints based upon what I see in their game against any single team they have played already. Matchups frequently throw many teams off their original game plan.

But comparing one team's chances against the Saints when looking at the overall strength of schedule is a different matter.

We do not have a lot of data only 3 games into the season, but I like the following little tidbits ...

• The Jets have played the Texans, Patriots, and Titans; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 11, 16, and 19 respectively (average rank = 15.3) and the average margin of victory for the Jets is 10.3 pts. The Saints have played the Lions, Eagles, and Bills; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 3, 12, and 18 respectively (average rank = 11) and the average margin of victory for the Saints is 21.3 pts.

Observation: We have played better offenses than the Jets and won by more points.
  • The Jets opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 32, 6, and 18 (average rank = 18.7) and the Jets offense is ranked no. 20. The Saints opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 27, 5, and 28 (average rank = 20) and the Saints offense is ranked no. 1.

Observation: Though the Jets have played teams with marginally better defenses overall, their offense is ranked two spots below the average rank of their opponents' defenses while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots above the average rank of the defenses of their opponents.

I'm always careful about comparing one team's chances against the Saints based upon what I see in their game against any single team they have played already. Matchups frequently throw many teams off their original game plan.

But comparing one team's chances against the Saints when looking at the overall strength of schedule is a different matter.

We do not have a lot of data only 3 games into the season, but I like the following little tidbits ...

• The Jets have played the Texans, Patriots, and Titans; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 11, 16, and 19 respectively (average rank = 15.3) and the average margin of victory for the Jets is 10.3 pts. The Saints have played the Lions, Eagles, and Bills; 3 teams whose total offense rankings are nos. 3, 12, and 18 respectively (average rank = 11) and the average margin of victory for the Saints is 21.3 pts.

Observation: We have played better offenses than the Jets and won by more points.
  • The Jets opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 32, 6, and 18 (average rank = 18.7) and the Jets offense is ranked no. 20. The Saints opponents, taken in order (see above), are 3 teams whose total defense rankings are nos. 27, 5, and 28 (average rank = 20) and the Saints offense is ranked no. 1.

Observation: Though the Jets have played teams with marginally better defenses overall, their offense is ranked two spots below the average rank of their opponents' defenses while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots above the average rank of the defenses of their opponents.

Excellent post!!!!!:9::9::9::9::9:

And they keep saying we haven't played anyone...hmmmmmmm:hihi:

You must remember that the teams we played, in part, have our Defense to thank for their stats offensively, and the teams the Jets have played have had their offensive stats, in part, lowered due to the Jets defense.

This isn't going to be a gimme game. If we play as well as we did against the Bills, we should be ok.

Saints also have a +4 turnover ratio so far whereas the Jets are +3. The Saints are winning the TO margin, which is something that really hurt us in recent years. We need to keep it up.

I've watched the Jets game twice now and they're definetly beatable. But they're scary also, the defense has talent and Jones and Washington can run the ball effectively.

After further review, I agree the Saints should win this game, by more than a score, but you can never be sure.

You must remember that the teams we played, in part, have our Defense to thank for their stats offensively, and the teams the Jets have played have had their offensive stats, in part, lowered due to the Jets defense. . . .

Well lookee here! A man with a brain!

Your observation is correct WCoastSaintsFan. The offense vs. defense and defense vs. offense comparisons actually pull at each other, separating the Saints and Jets even more.

What the heck are you doing living out on the West Coast? You can count!

their offense is not dynamic. we will definitely outscore them in the dome.

And if you watch the games and pay close attention, the opponents mistakes is what cost each team the games. Brady's bad throws, Patriots defensive shuffle (injuries), Patriots penalties. Collins passes being dropped, mental errors (muffed punt), etc.

You get the picture. If we can just play SOLID error limited football, we will have a good game and beat them. If we make mental errors, we will be in trouble.

I have to give it to Coach Ryan. He has coached this team to be a solid team and just wait for the other team to make mistakes. That will get you plenty of wins ever year. That's what the Pats did in yr 1. Remember "Do your job, just do your job!" That's what the Jets are doing and letting the other teams miss their assignments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom