After Ginn’s catch, (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
my dog Buck could’ve called better plays than what Payton called...I was screaming at the TV to run the ball 3 times, make them use their timeouts and kick to them with a 3 point lead and no timeouts with 50 seconds left...but nooooooooo, we had to “stay aggressive”....coaches constantly call shirt calls in the name of “staying aggressive”...there never should have been a missed PI because the ball should have never been in the air...

So the Rams got the ball back with 1:42 to go with a timeout...but hey, at least we “stayed aggressive”...

OP
OP
Reaction score
But if you run the ball there is no PI call to even make...as someone said earlier, taking 3 knees would have been better than that trash we tried, especially on first down...

Algsaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
i don’t care about the play calling . The saints had a touchdown on a beautifully designed play and our wr was tackled illegally .

Nothing else matters man . A championship stolen from us . It doesn’t get any worse than this.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
There is a time to be aggressive, then there is a time to play the percentages...

The percentages say 9,999 out of 10,000 times that's called pass interference in the NFL and the game is over. But feel free to drop your credentials off to Gayle in the morning since you know more than the coaches.

OP
OP
Reaction score
The percentages say 9,999 out of 10,000 times that's called pass interference in the NFL and the game is over. But feel free to drop your credentials off to Gayle in the morning since you know more than the coaches.
And how did that work out? Run the ball...no PI call to make...

ChaChingBaby

Banned
Reaction score
There were a lot of questionable play calls today and if we want to be absolutely 100% fair, there were many last week too.

I know, the non-call hurt us badly, but the offense still struggled and did not look like the dominant unit they were back in the midway point in the season. They didn't look all that great against the Eagles either.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Belicheck is aggressive too but they have plays that move the chains. And I don't think he makes mistakes like Payton did.
I think it sounded more like a defense of these decisions than what I intended. I get as frustrated as anybody and think clock management and situational football have always been his achilles heel. But it's the way he coaches and it's not likely going to change.

St. Aaron

⚜️ In That Number ⚜️
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But if you run the ball there is no PI call to even make...as someone said earlier, taking 3 knees would have been better than that trash we tried, especially on first down...
He made up for not running on first down by calling a third down play that should have ended the game by either TLL picking up the first or scoring a TD by catching it, or by the Refs making a call that is made 99.9 percent of the time.

Last edited:

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He made up for not running on first down by calling a third down play that should have ended the game by either TLL picking up the first or scoring a TD by catching it, or by the Refs making a call that is made 99.9 percent of the time.
I think that’s what gets me the most. We were that “0.001” time that it doesn’t get called. Literally the 1 time out of 1000 and it happens to us, at home, with 1:45 left to play in the game that should send us to the SB.

Im still angry.

St. Aaron

⚜️ In That Number ⚜️
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think that’s what gets me the most. We were that “0.001” time that it doesn’t get called. Literally the 1 time out of 1000 and it happens to us, at home, with 1:45 left to play in the game that should send us to the SB.

Im still angry.
I’m still in disbelief. It’s even more unbelievable than the end to last year. I’d rather just get beat than this.

26ISTHEMAN

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
There were a lot of questionable play calls today and if we want to be absolutely 100% fair, there were many last week too.

I know, the non-call hurt us badly, but the offense still struggled and did not look like the dominant unit they were back in the midway point in the season. They didn't look all that great against the Eagles either.
They did enough to win and then the game was stolen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom