After hearing Thomas interview I feel great about this team (1 Viewer)

A lot of Sunday was Bullocks falt like it or not and no one can question Freddies heart. Early in the season he was playing great but if he is not healthy and obviously Craft is trash maybe he is not full speed. Bottom line he needs help but please don't bash a guy that played with a cast on his hand for this team a coouple years ago. I think he will have a better game and may not play this week because we will need him against the Cowboys unless you Freddie haters would like Craft covering TO or Glenn?

A lot of Sunday was Bullocks falt like it or not and no one can question Freddies heart. Early in the season he was playing great but if he is not healthy and obviously Craft is trash maybe he is not full speed. Bottom line he needs help but please don't bash a guy that played with a cast on his hand for this team a coouple years ago. I think he will have a better game and may not play this week because we will need him against the Cowboys unless you Freddie haters would like Craft covering TO or Glenn?

if he is hurting a bit, particularly a hammy, then i say put the other guy out there. can it get any worse? no.
once again, i like thomas. he has been a stand up guy for this organization and a consumate pro. but it is disheartening to see these touchdowns go against the same guy over and over, and the other teams see it too! the safeties have blame here too, true, but ultimately itz the CB responsibility. if the CB is still with a guy that far down field then it has to be a man coverage. but these guys are not being released to the deep third, he is just a couple steps behind. joey g did it twice both games also. this is a trend, not a mistake.

After reading he had a hamstring injury, I understood why he pulled up on one of the long TD passes to Chad Johnson. When I was watching the game, I was angry because I thought he had given up on the play, but, obviously, he was playing hurt and couldn't run all out. The fact that Payton still put him out there as the starter on Cincy's best receiver is quite a comment on the depth we have at CB.

So... I though Brees was our leader. Why doesn't he take blame for the game? 2 red zone INT's and another one in the 4th for a TD. That's why we lost. Our offense is expected to have more than a TD by the 4th quarter especially when we have 3 posessions in Cincy territory in ONE quarter and get no points out of it.

21 point swing very easily which could have won the game for us. FT had a bad game, but I believe we could have won had Brees not made those costly mistake at critical times.

So... I though Brees was our leader. Why doesn't he take blame for the game? 2 red zone INT's and another one in the 4th for a TD. That's why we lost. Our offense is expected to have more than a TD by the 4th quarter especially when we have 3 posessions in Cincy territory in ONE quarter and get no points out of it.

21 point swing very easily which could have won the game for us. FT had a bad game, but I believe we could have won had Brees not made those costly mistake at critical times.

he already did.

he already did.

"We can move the ball at will, any time, any place ... through the air, on the ground, whatever it takes," Brees said. "But when it really comes down to it, you have to take care of the football, you have to convert on third down. We can be as good as we want to be as long as we take care of the football."

That's him taking blame?

I assume the "we" part is throwing you. When we had all those fumbles last week he still said "we".

GEESH! I didn't know so many people were Freddie Thomas "haters"!

Man, I'm all messed up because I have so much respect for FT and I hope he knows we support our guys! I mean, I didn't see this much disrespect when aaron brooks was throwing the ball backwards to no one in particular!

Freddie Thomas is a Warrior yet, may be still injured, but that has never stopped him before from playing as hard as he can. We are so thin at CB I guess Coach Payton figured Freddie was our best option even hurt.

"IF" Thomas continues to get beaten when @ full speed again, well then, I'll say it's time for him and the Coaching staff to make a change! Until then though I will support FT based on how well he has played over his career as a SAINT and how well he has played THIS SEASON prior to pulling the hamstring!

There is no such thing as a "Shut Down Corner"!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom