After hearing Thomas interview I feel great about this team (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thomas took all the blame, we all know he just didn't give up the "help" he should have had. this is leadership and holds a team together, I have a lot more respect for him now, like brees he takes all the blame and leads instead of pointing fingers, I really like what payton is building here. Now if we could run the ball with deuce a little more and get another good draft or two, we will be in the running for a while

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!

OK, Rocko Padna ( from Down the Road tune by Dr. John( anyway) What did Freddie say and when? Got a link or was it some kind of other type of interview?

I've taken heat all day thinkiing and saying I thought Freddie Thomas was too veteran to be whipped so badly so often for such long yardage.

So , if there is some more info you could lay out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Alright...he took the blame. Thats good. Now he has to not get beat like that again or its all for nothing.

I believe Fred was playing hurt(hamstring) and probably should not have been in. He looked gimmpy to me..

let's face it:
thomas is done as a starting CB. we need to upgrade! letting fahkir get away in FA was a oversight. he was the best "cover guy" on the team. now we're paying for it.
i'm tired of teams coming and getting healthy on the saints. no way did i think we come into the season with the same set of CB and i knew if we did this would be the result....

man, i just hope we can pick up a couple next offseason. we probably will not make too much noise in the playoffs because of our lack of secondary impact but this season has far exceeded my expectations... FAR!!!!!

let's face it:
thomas is done as a starting CB. we need to upgrade! letting fahkir get away in FA was a oversight. he was the best "cover guy" on the team. now we're paying for it.

Fahkir's been burnt toast in St. Louis thus far. He was always a joke

he was the best we had last season. im sure he would be doing a much better job than thomas is doing. besides, i can't get much worse!!!!

let's face it:
i'm tired of teams coming and getting healthy on the saints. no way did i think we come into the season with the same set of CB and i knew if we did this would be the result....

man, i just hope we can pick up a couple next offseason. we probably will not make too much noise in the playoffs because of our lack of secondary impact but this season has far exceeded my expectations... FAR!!!!!

I don't accept that as a fact to face. The OP has it right. Does that mean we are not susceptible to the big play? No. But as of last week FT had already broken up 12 passes. Our front 4 only got 1 sack. Does that mean that they are toast? I say no. I think that as the front four go so do the back 7. It really does all start up front.

If he doesn't play hurt what does that say about him? I would love for us to have some help in the secondary. Right now we need to offset some of that veteran leadership with some younger guys stepping up. I'll go as far as saying that the secondary is an area that we may want to target our 1st FA signees in the off-season, but I can't see where fretting over it now helps.

I don't accept that as a fact to face. The OP has it right. Does that mean we are not susceptible to the big play? No. But as of last week FT had already broken up 12 passes. Our front 4 only got 1 sack. Does that mean that they are toast? I say no. I think that as the front four go so do the back 7. It really does all start up front.

itz a difference between holding a guy for a few seconds and then the line gets absolutely no push and your CB just getting absolutely BEATEN! guys are just blowing by thomas. i like fred but teams know they can get open and healthy on him. on all three long balls yesterday he was way behind. on the one sideline route he had perfect technique but did not follow it up when he let chad go. palmer made a good read and fred got caught looking back without feeling the WR.
those are the type of big plays we absolutely cannot afford to give up.

It'd of been easy to say " at 100% I'm not going to be able to cover Ocho indefinitely, at some point we need to generate more pressure on Palmer. At 90%, which is probably where I'm at, I'm going to need some coverage help, and the youngster needs to do that and also needs to be able to figure when that is needed as much as how he goes about doing it.. you know with proper angles and all". But he didn't.

While Fred Thomas is not an elite corner, he's a team player, a fearless tackler, and all the Saints have. To say he is simply old and constantly burnt by receivers like Chad Johnson is ignorant.
On the first TD he was clearly squatting on the short-medium route as if he expected help from the safety on the deep route. On the 2nd TD, he completely blanketed Ocho Cinco on the deep curl, but it was a broken play, Palmer scrambled and made the throw.
Thomas could have been smarter, more cautious perhaps, but don't forget the pass rush and safety help that never showed up. This entire D is giving up the big plays, not Freddie T.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom