After how the last 3 years ended, has this crossed your mind (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We have been snake-bitten the last 3 years in excruciating fashion. You can argue that we would have at least 2 more rings by now. I have no doubt we would have beaten New England, Philly in the NCCG and probably won the bowl that year. I'm not sure we would have beaten the Chiefs last year but two rings is conceivable.

Fast forward to what is the weirdest, most unfortunate time in our lives. Our 1st ballot HOF QB decides to come back for one more shot at a ring.
Our country is stricken with a 100 year pandemic. Most believe getting a season in is not going to happen.

I will admit I'm stunned that we have gotten this far without a pause in the schedule. I thought for sure we would be lucky to get 4 games in but here we are 10 games into the season. We are the #1 seed and many think a top 2-3 team to win it all. Then our All-world QB breaks 11 ribs, collapsed lung and is out. Our wildcard QB comes in and plays lights out. Most still give us the nod until QB1 comes back....

Now the Covid outbreak reaches what most thought would happen earlier. The outbreak is nearly out of control forcing games to be rescheduled.

All sorts of contingency plans we think are being discussed. Possibly 8 playoff teams should the season be shorten due to the pandemic, end the season early and start the playoffs now or the unthinkable...

Does it end this way? The season is cancelled and we therefore don't get that last chance with our historic QB. It ends again in a painful loss. We sit atop most people's list of favorites only we don't get that chance. Ugggghhh. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
This has crossed my mind daily since the start of the season, and especially with us on fire right now. Just our luck that COVID will cancel our season when we’re sitting atop the NFC. I’m totally with you on this one.

Does Goodell get one more shot at us? The season is cancelled and we therefore don't get that last chance with our historic QB. It ends again in a painful loss. We sit atop most people's list of favorites only we don't get that chance. Ugggghhh. You can't make this stuff up.
US BEING #1 IS NOT INFLUENCING ANYTHING!!! Goodell wouldn’t be getting another shot at us nor were the last 3 years a shot at us.

The League has 6 weeks left. At this point, they are finishing the season.

The League has 6 weeks left. At this point, they are finishing the season.
They could pull the plug and move onto a 16 team playoff

That scenario had already been discussed and accepted and obviously we are well into the playoffs either way

They could pull the plug and move onto a 16 team playoff

That scenario had already been discussed and accepted and obviously we are well into the playoffs either way
And I’d still take the Saints.
Btw, there is precedent for that, I think they did something similar when the season was shortened by the strike.

Clearly you have a case of PTSD...
Postseason Traumatic Suck Disorder

Stay positive...

All PTSD losses except “Rams Rob-job” were the result of suspect Saints play by team or player+team...

Pessimists always find the negative amongst the positive

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom