After looking at the Jets on film..... (1 Viewer)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
Here's some observations I've come up with:

1.) Leon Washington is a shifty and elusive back. Jets like to use him on quick passes and screens out the backfield. And as many of you know, a very good returner.

2.) Cotchery is a guy our defense is going to have to focus on. He's quick, fast, and can be deadly on slants and hitch routes.

3.) I wasn't impressed by Thomas Jones. Maybe it was the Titans defense, but Jones just doesn't seem too make their running game a legitimate threat.

4.) Jets are similar to the Saints in that they take advantage of turnovers. If the Saints make mistakes on special teams and offense, this Jets team is looking to score and score fast. The offensive coordinator seems to trust Sanchez with this offense and isn't afraid to dial up plays where Sanchez takes chances (evidence by Sanchez's gutsy 1st qtr TD run).

5.) Cornerback Dwight Lowery seems to be the weak-spot on their defense. Now this may change if Lito Sheppard comes back from injury this week, but if Lowery is on the field Brees needs to find him quickly. He was beat on several plays against the Titans. Besides, they have that other guy playing cornerback............

6.) Darrelle Revis is a legit shutdown corner. After looking at him on film, he reminds me alot of Asomugha. Fast corner with fluid hips that mirrors his receiver and deflects passes. I personally think Devery will have a better chance of completing passes on him instead of Colston. I love Colston, but I just think he'd have problems trying to get seperation from Revis.

7.) Kris Jenkins is a big boy. I hope Goodwin, Nicks, and Evans are ready this Sunday cause Jenkins will be a load to handle. I counted on at least 5 occasions where he was in the backfield on a run or pass and the Titans were forced to run off-tackle b/c of his prescence.

8.) Jets defense tackles really well. Most times when a Titans receiver caught a pass, David Harris or Bart Scott, or one of their secondary players were there and made a good, NFL tackle. These guys are well-coached.

9.) Jets love to overload blitz to one side of the line (usually left side) on 3rd down passing plays. Strief (or Bushrod) will need to be smart on who they pick up on these blitzes.

10.) Jets' offense likes to mix it up alot. They also pull-block with their o-lineman. They have a very good line that have protected Sanchez well in 3 games. The left side of their line is their strength. Ferguson, Faneca, and Mangold are as good a LT, LG, and C as any in this league.

Hope this clears up some things about the Jets for my fellow Saints fans. :9:

The diving man's coming up for air
'cause the crowd all love pulling dolly by the hair, by the hair
And she wonders how she ever got here as she goes under again

Jets on film
(two minutes later)
Jets on film

2 things - i don't sanchez has ever seen anything like what GW is going to send at him
and i think drew is going to be (Mod Edit, mv) about his play last week and will make the jets pay

Last edited by a moderator:
Great breakdown

headspin.gif

I can't wait for the Jets to bring the pressure at Brees' left side only to see Reggie take a dumpoff pass for 25 yards, an easy first down to Shockey on a seam/curl route, or a bomb to Devery streaking down the sideline.

Blitz New York, PLEASE

The jets got two give-me's inside the twenty. POOR muffs on punts. They werent taken away they were give-me's. The running game didnt look that good. They brought a lot of heat at Collins, but he had time to make a play. He just made poor choices with the ball.
Sanchez has seen alot of what our defense will throw at him. They run a attacking style defense so he has seen it. My point would be that as a rookie what will his choice be with the ball in a game enviroment. Our running game will open the pass this week instead of the vice versa we are used too. This will be a big statement game and without dummmmm mistakes we will give them a great game. I wont underestimate them by any means, but i will take PAYTON AND BREES over anybody in this MAGNITUDE of a game.
Especially with the D we have behind them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom