After School Satan Club (1 Viewer)

I've never been envious, and I mostly can do without pride, greed, and wrath, but lust, gluttony and sloth, those are a most.

The thing about Satan is, he has to be an agent of the Christian god, working for him, not against him. You'd think god would've done away with Satan long ago.

Last edited:
I tried the link you provided, but couldn't get the page to load. Regardless, Jewish people regard satan as the evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God. Unless you're saying that because they view satan as more a concept than a being, the majority of Jews would not find a club whose name dedicates to that ideal offensive, which I very highly doubt, your point is moot.

Also, the differences in how Judaism and Christianity view "satan" do not make what I posted wrong. I made no claim about Jewish views of satan other than the fact that they view satan with negative connotations. The link that I provided is evidence to that. If I can get the one you provided to load, I'll read it as well for anything contrary to what I posted.
How many Jewish people do you know? I am half Jewish and in my personal experience Jewish people just don't put the emphasis on Satan that you and most Christians do (for the record I consider myself a non-denominational Christian)
The reason that Satan is such a big deal in Christianity is the tie to the afterlife and the fear mongering that goes with it....if you don't live a Christian life AND don't believe and worship like "I" do, you go to hell which is ruled by Satan. Jews don't believe in hell so there just isn't that big a focus on Satan at all.

How many Jewish people do you know? I am half Jewish and in my personal experience Jewish people just don't put the emphasis on Satan that you and most Christians do (for the record I consider myself a non-denominational Christian)
The reason that Satan is such a big deal in Christianity is the tie to the afterlife and the fear mongering that goes with it....if you don't live a Christian life AND don't believe and worship like "I" do, you go to hell which is ruled by Satan. Jews don't believe in hell so there just isn't that big a focus on Satan at all.
Agree with you on this 100% on this. For reference, I am Catholic and married to a Jewish woman. Kids are raised Jewish. Honestly, from my personal experience, Judaism just kind of seems like a much nicer more accepting and understanding religion.

Again, I was not debating the level of disdain each religion has for "satan." All I said was Jewish people (more than likely) would associate negatively with the name "satan."

Maybe I'm wrong and most Jewish people couldn't care less or even think it's great. But neither of the links we both provided even remotely prove that out. In fact, I feel they suggest quite the opposite. That said, I'll take your word for it, based on your personal experience, because it's a complete tangent from and regardless of the point that I was making in the post you responded to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom