After the Brees int.. (1 Viewer)

I think a lot of it was lack of timing/comfort with receivers. I wondered on the INT whether Harris ran a deeper route than he was expecting. He and Sanders have not gelled at all yet. He seemed to start going to those he has had more time with - Kamara and Smith.

I do think he is having timing issues. Likely due to the way they rested him in camp with limited reps and a lot of off days, in addition to the lack of any preseason games. But on the INT last night, it just looked like he didn't see the Raiders LB. He was in the middle of the Raiders logo and kind of blended in. Brees would normally see that guy but it sure looked like he just didn't see that guy.

That's exactly when I stopped watching. They have different types of games, like a menu.

An inexplicable flop
straight up domination
Roadkill
The circus
Brees Breaks a Record

Every damn year, they serve us from this exact same menu. Last night I could smell an inexplicable flop being warmed up and I wasn't in the mood.

Though I would never turn a game off, even if we're down 42-0 late in the fourth, I had the same feeling too. For me though, it came when they scored to cut their deficit to 17-14. At that moment, I told the person I was watching it with that we were in trouble, after seeing the ease of which the Raiders went up and down the field two drives in a row, I knew we had a big problem brewing.

You could just tell that that earlier missed opportunity up 10-0 had taken the wind out of our sails. My friend didn't want to hear it, but I kept telling them that I have seen too many NFL road games, and sometimes you can just feel when it's about to be one of those nights for a team. It's like we showed who the better team was early on, then we got deflated and just coasted the rest of the way and by the fourth quarter, we were just ready to get on the bus to head to the airport. Being on the road after a semi-long flight, at night, in a foreign environment, without our best player, all it takes is a couple of instances of misfortune to lose all momentum or never recapture it from the opponent...playing in a sterile environment doesn't help remedy that effect either.

Football isn't just black and white/X's and O's as many think; sometimes it can be all mental. I think last night, we got caught into that trap.

That's exactly when I stopped watching. They have different types of games, like a menu.

An inexplicable flop
straight up domination
Roadkill
The circus
Brees Breaks a Record

Every damn year, they serve us from this exact same menu. Last night I could smell an inexplicable flop being warmed up and I wasn't in the mood.

I'd add to that list:

Make 2nd tier QB look like a world-beater

That's the one I felt last night. As soon as they did the snippet about Derek Carr tired of being disrespected, I just knew. QBR: 120.7

Though I would never turn a game off, even if we're down 42-0 late in the fourth, I had the same feeling too. For me though, it came when they scored to cut their deficit to 17-14. At that moment, I told the person I was watching it with that we were in trouble, after seeing the ease of which the Raiders went up and down the field two drives in a row, I knew we had a big problem brewing.

You could just tell that that earlier missed opportunity up 10-0 had taken the wind out of our sails. My friend didn't want to hear it, but I kept telling them that I have seen too many NFL road games, and sometimes you can just feel when it's about to be one of those nights for a team. It's like we showed who the better team was early on, then we got deflated and just coasted the rest of the way and by the fourth quarter, we were just ready to get on the bus to head to the airport. Being on the road after a semi-long flight, at night, in a foreign environment, without our best player, all it takes is a couple of instances of misfortune to lose all momentum or never recapture it from the opponent...playing in a sterile environment doesn't help remedy that effect either.

Football isn't just black and white/X's and O's as many think; sometimes it can be all mental. I think last night, we got caught into that trap.
When the Raiders got momentum and the Saints came out for the 2 minute drill at the end of the half. I was worried. I feared Payton was going to panic and get aggressive and play into pressure and court a turnover...and that is what happened.

Seen it before many times.

I do think he is having timing issues. Likely due to the way they rested him in camp with limited reps and a lot of off days, in addition to the lack of any preseason games. But on the INT last night, it just looked like he didn't see the Raiders LB. He was in the middle of the Raiders logo and kind of blended in. Brees would normally see that guy but it sure looked like he just didn't see that guy.
Haha, I said the same thing! He was camouflage in a sense. Brees never saw that guy and he’ll never admit that

When the Raiders got momentum and the Saints came out for the 2 minute drill at the end of the half. I was worried. I feared Payton was going to panic and get aggressive and play into pressure and court a turnover...and that is what happened.

Seen it before many times.
Funny I felt the exact same thing. NO need to push the envelope. Just run some running plays + screens and kick a long FG or punt

... I wondered what the Heck was Drew thinking.
Someone posted in the GameDay thread a twitter shot of that LB sitting right in the middle of the Raider logo, he blended right in. There's no way Brees throws that thinking Harris is all by himself.

It changed even before that with Lattimore’s terrible decision to go for the INT instead of an easy tackle. But yes, Brees made it far worse right there, too.
I dont think ive seen a DB break on the route without actually attempting to play the ball. Like you hit the wrong button in Madden or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom