after the lions game (1 Viewer)

RandyB

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
we have parked in the dome for years. our space is very near the players parking. we have always went down to where they come out just to shake hands and tell hthem good game instead of sitting in traffic. in fact over the years we made alot of good memories with these exchanges. last year we talked to freddie mac about our hometown, he is from this area that lead to alot of football talk after each game high school jr college, that also lead to talk about our secindary he was very honest and felt just like us. talking golf at the dancing rabbit with joe horn, mark fields and my son exhanged b-day and christmas gifts when he was here, my son also threw up on doug bryan, our favorite memory would have to be after the playoff game duece didn't want to fight the traffic so he stood there and we talked for about 30 minutes, it was only 6 of us counting duece. well we cant do this any more i understand that there are a few overbearing fans that ruined it for others. there was never more than 20-25 people there but we understand. but we just wanted to say thanks to the players for there kindness over the years.

Sorry that went away man. I can't imagine losing my parking spot where I can yell at the fans until my voice is shot. :sulkoff:

I have those same memories. I believe it was 1991 and I got a chance to make a couple of games that year. Someone turned me on to where the players came out so both games I got to chill with the players abit. I remember standing next to Dalton Hilliard thinking how normal of a guy he looked in street clothes.
And talking to Sam Mills, remembering how incredibly intelligent he was. Shaking hands with the likes of Bobby Hebert, Coach Mora, Pat Swilling, Vaughn Johnson, etc....Great times!

It's posts like these that make me wish I had a home in the New Orleans area.

You got to talk with Deuce for 30mins? Thats not fair bro!

Cool that the saints players would show respect and say a few words to their "Bosses". Saints fans pay their salaries - along w/ 60 billion from the networks but that's chump change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom