After the Parade, Saints Face Many Decisions (1 Viewer)

David Thomas, Moorestead, and Sharper was a blessing this year...When they signed Thomas I was like what in the world they doing. Who in the haydees is Thomas. Well, I ain't trippin no more. Thank You Pats...LOL! Now we need to get Evans back on the field.

One guy who should not be back is "Mr. Invisible" (a.k.a. Darnell Dinkins). Biggest non-factor of the 2009 free agents. Wasn't hurt late in the season, but rarely saw the active roster. Wasn't even active for the SB. I say it often, but thank goodness for David Thomas. I'd like to see more of Humphrey in training camp in 2010. Billy Miller will be back also. How effective though?

scary list, OL priority, Moore, Roby are gone IMO. Besides the awesome 2 pt conversion Morre was invisible this year. AA can fill in fine. I Know Smith was re-signed, Fujita might have as well. Not sure there but we need the Asian Assasin..

Sharper and Fujita will re sign, Jahri Evans (RFA) will get a long term deal. The team will have tough decisions to make with Jammal Brown, Jermon Bushrod, and Reggie Bush. But trust Loomis and Payton, they will make the right decisions.........

I don't want any of these guys to go! I believe all of them are a very imp. part of the team even Bushrod.

“There’s 32 teams that feel like it’s going to be their year. We know what it’s like to build something from the ground up. What’s going to be fun is using the term repeat all next year.”

I argue 31 - how the hell can Detroit ever think it's going to be their year. LOL

I don't want any of these guys to go! I believe all of them are a very imp. part of the team even Bushrod.

The loss of many marque players will set us back, but with Payton and Brees in it, it won't be long until we're back. Just make sure we keep that Hartley guy!

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Geldo
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...By+Team&y=2010

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>QB</td> <td>Mark Brunell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RB</td> <td>Mike Bell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RB</td> <td>Pierre Thomas</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>WR</td> <td>Lance Moore</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>WR</td> <td>Courtney Roby</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>Dan Campbell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>Darnell Dinkins</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>David Thomas</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>PK</td> <td>John Carney</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OG</td> <td>Jahri Evans</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Jammal Brown</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Jermon Bushrod</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Zach Strief</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>C</td> <td>Nick Leckey</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Jeff Charleston</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Kendrick Clancy</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Anthony Hargrove</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Rodney Leisle</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Will Smith</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>LB</td> <td>Scott Fujita</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>CB</td> <td>Leigh Torrence</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>SS</td> <td>Roman Harper</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>SS</td> <td>Pierson Prioleau</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>FS</td> <td>Darren Sharper</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>FS</td> <td>Usama Young</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Some of the classification is wrong on this list since the absence of a CBA means players with less than six years will be RFAs not UFAs (this list is based on the old four years experience rule).

Also, Will Smith has resigned I believe.

That's a scary list!

Not really if you look at it because of the amount of the guys that will actually be RFA
Pierrer Moore Evans Harper Young Streif Bushrod and Brown will all be RFA

I think even Hargrove only has 5 years in so he would be a RFA...

I trust Mickey he put this team together and he will keep the guys we need here!

Although I have been a huge Saints fan for 26 or so years, this is the first year I've even looked at stats or tried to understand the free agent stuff. I read the link posted on RFA/UFA but still don't have a full grasp on how it works. I guess my question is if a free agent is offered a nice, big contract from another organization and the Saints can't or won't match it, does he have to go to the other team or can he stay with the Saints at whatever they offer him.

I can't imagine why any of the them would want to leave considering how Payton has built a winning team in the last 4 years and, I think, it will only get better. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Geldo
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...By+Team&y=2010

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="600"><tbody><tr><td>QB</td> <td>Mark Brunell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RB</td> <td>Mike Bell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>RB</td> <td>Pierre Thomas</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>WR</td> <td>Lance Moore</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>WR</td> <td>Courtney Roby</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>Dan Campbell</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>Darnell Dinkins</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>TE</td> <td>David Thomas</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>PK</td> <td>John Carney</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OG</td> <td>Jahri Evans</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Jammal Brown</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Jermon Bushrod</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>OT</td> <td>Zach Strief</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>C</td> <td>Nick Leckey</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Jeff Charleston</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Kendrick Clancy</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Anthony Hargrove</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Rodney Leisle</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>DL</td> <td>Will Smith</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>LB</td> <td>Scott Fujita</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>CB</td> <td>Leigh Torrence</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>SS</td> <td>Roman Harper</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>SS</td> <td>Pierson Prioleau</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>FS</td> <td>Darren Sharper</td> <td>UFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td> </tr> <tr> <td>FS</td> <td>Usama Young</td> <td>RFA</td> <td>New Orleans Saints</td> <td>Free Agent</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Some of the classification is wrong on this list since the absence of a CBA means players with less than six years will be RFAs not UFAs (this list is based on the old four years experience rule).

Also, Will Smith has resigned I believe.

These are my guesstimations:

Brunell, Bell, Campbell, Dinkins, Leckey, Leisle, Torrence, and Charleston are either gone or re-signed for the minimum and given a TC shot.

I think we go younger at backup QB and Brunell will retire; Bell dropped off at the end of the season while Hamilton came on strong so I think Hamilton will be the 3rd RB; Campbell and Dinkins are expendable with Thomas developing so we'll only need 1 3rd TE and I think it'll be Dinkins or Humphrey but it'll be decided in TC -- and who knows what'll happen with Billy Miller (he's also a UFA); Leckey is the guy who gets cut for the 3rd QB so BFD; Leisle and Torrence are at the very bottom of the depth chart and can be replaced by injured players returning or new draftees; Charleston is a motor guy who is nice to have around but he is another bottom guy who has to continually earn his spot in TC.

PT, Roby, Thomas, Evans, Brown, Bushrod, Strief, Harper, Hargrove, and Young are all RFAs so we have the ability to retain them for at least 1 year at a low number (I'm thinking Roby, Bushrod, Strief, and Hargrove, maybe Young too) or negotiate a long-term deal (PT, Evans, Brown, and Harper with only Evans and Brown getting big deals). I don't see any of them leaving, but if any do it'll be out of Roby, Bushrod, Strief, and Young.

Carney will stay retired and continue to coach Hartley. He did a tremendous job IMO and he has a history with this team. I think he meshes well.

Clancy and Prioleau will be retained.

Clancy was on IR all season and Prioleau is strictly a backup so neither will command much on the open market. Clancy made $1.7 mil per year so he won't break the bank. Prioleau is a GW guy who follows him everywhere. He will either play for the minimum, Chip Vaughn will replace him, or Usama will be let go. IMO, Prioleau will be back in TC and then cut, only to remain close by in case of injury (a la Jay Bellamy in 2006).

Fujita and Sharper are the only UFAs we have to worry about.

IMO, Sharper is never leaving NOLA. He got a ring and he's allowed to freelance due to his DC having the utmost confidence in him. He'll retire a Saint and won't break the bank. Fujita is a tricky one. If we want to retain him, he will stay.

Will Smith re-signed last year so he's here next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom