After Tiger Stadium Sat. Nite, Let's Hear It For The Superdome (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, let's hear it for the Superdome. I know, the plaza level seating needs to be brought closer to the field, the concourses need to be made wider if possible, and an area for tailgating near the Superdome needs to be located.

But Saturday night, I caught my first LSU game in about three years, and I have to tell you that my appreciation for the Superdome increased about tenfold. The seating--and I had club seats--was cramped, the concession and restroom lines were long, the parking was terrible, and it was cold.

And the noise level was half that in the Superdome this year.

I don't know about the noise level. LSU fans consistently bring the noise. Think about it, half the Stadium are drunk students who go to the school, they have alot to cheer about. Saints games are filled with fans from different ages and walks of life, many of whom dont really scream when we're on defense. Also the Dome is enclose and LSU is open, so the Noise in the Dome can bounce off the walls for a louder effect. This being said, the dome this year is the closest to being as loud or louder than tiger stadium. I hope the crowd brings it again next week against the Bungals, we're gonna need it.

I agree that Tiger Stadium is generally extremely loud, but from my seats in the West upper deck Saturday night compared with my seats in the Terrace at the Dome; the Dome has been way louder this year. And I agree, I'll take 72 degrees in the shade anytime.

I'm as big a Saints fan as they come, but there's no way you can compare the atmosphere at a pro game and a college one. Its apples and oranges. Tiger Stadium is unreal for big games. This past Saturday, it was cold and the Tigers were favored by 18 points, but the stadium was still loud.

I love going to the dome and the Monday night Falcons game was unforgettable, but game by game, Tiger Stadium is where its at.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom