After today, all logic points to #10 on a CB, barring Dorsey/Ellis (1 Viewer)

As exciting as free agency is ... you don't have to sign every free agent to build a quality team. Just look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, they always build through the draft every year and put out a top 10 team that has won a few Super Bowls. Can anyone name the last free agent they signed that was not on their team the year before?

The Saints should sign Briggs to solidify the LB corp and then draft DRC with the #10 pick.

Sean Mahan, their center - they got him in 2007 to replace Jeff Hartings, Pro Bowler who retired.

And he sucks.

We don't need to have all that money tied up in the backfield when we have needs on defense and we just resigned Stecker and with the rise of PT it makes no sense at all... So I would be surprised about that.

Did it make sense when the Saints drafted Deuce with Ricky still in the backfield? Did it make sense when they drafted Will Smith and Darren Howard was still manning one of the DE spots?

When the Saints made a "logical" pick that made "sense" they ended up with Jonathan Sullivan. They badly needed a DT (to replace Leroi Glover) and reached for one. See what that got them.

Besides, the Saints aren't as "set" at running back as you may think. Deuce's return is still very questionable. Can you really count on him staying healthy?

Reggie has yet to develop into a full time back. Although I (unlike most) have not given up on his ability to do so. Remember, it took Tiki Barber quite a few seasons to develop into the player he became and if Reggie can match his productivity I would be very happy.

Stecker's a solid backup, but on the downside of his career. PT (who I love) is a solid, productive back that runs extremely hard. But....is he a difference-maker?!

If the team's philosophy is to draft the BPA, then Mendenhall may be the guy.
In the top 10 of the draft teams look for difference-makers. All I'm saying is that looking at this draft Mendenhall MAY be the only difference-maker left at the 10 spot. Are you fully convinced that Rivers or any of the CBs are truly difference makers? I'm not....Are you fully convinced that Rivers or any of the CBs are worthy of the 10th pick with it's appropriate compensation? I'm not... Or should the Saints reach for another player at that spot simply because they need a LB or CB. I think they got burned by the Sullivan pick so badly that they won't do that again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom