After today, all logic points to #10 on a CB, barring Dorsey/Ellis (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
We have to accept, this is one of the worst free agency periods there has been to be a team, like us, in desperate need of a CB.

By my count of team's needs, 16 teams apart from us have a significant need for a CB! That's, and I'll list them, Arizona, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinatti, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Houston, Kansas City, Miami, New England, NYG, San Diego, St Louis, Washington.

We need two. The draft isn't that deep so we are quite lucky to be picking early. After the way the FA has gone so far I'd say we have no choice now but to use 10 on a CB.
Asomogha, Trufant got tagged Samuel is an Eagle, Florence is a Jag, Reeves a Texan. They are only players who could start for us and not be a mistake, apart from Randall Gay.
We NEED to sign Gay. If we do not get him, it is horrible.
We then have to look at guys like Bryan Kelly, Travis Fisher, Ralph Brown and Hank Poteat.

In the draft the top 4 players IMO, are Mike Jenkins, DRC, Aquib Talib and Leodis McKelvin, in no particular order. They are 4 far superior players to the free agents.

If Dorsey or Ellis fall we are crazy not to bite, but CB is our biggest need, and will you really be happy if we come out of this with Hank Poteat, and a 3rd round draft pick?

I know all about our pass rush, and our linebackers, but I expect us to address those needs with capable players. There really is only one more capable CB left, and he is visiting on Monday. We cannot let him leave.

I will trust our front office, but will really not be happy if they ignore by far our biggest need. Remember last year? Mid range free agent who was a product of a system, and a 3rd round pick on a CB. Who wants a repeat of that?

I think that we still have to draft Rivers if he is there. We wont know about Vilma for a little while. There will be a decent CB in the second round.

Last edited:
All 4 of those CB's have a chance to be great.

Sign Briggs, so no need for Rivers.

If we can't swing a trade to get Lito Sheppard, then I agree that we have no choice but to draft corner if Dorsey and Ellis are off the board. This is coming from a draft Keith Rivers advocate.

i know we've been in the mix with everyone, but so far we havent done all that much. dont get me wrong im excited as hell for vilma, but we didnt have to give anything for him. i think gay is a must. hes a good player, and better pass rush will help. we need briggs too.

Dorsey and Ellis will be off the board before we pick... The Bengals just tried to trade for Shaun Rodgers but the Browns got him instead so they will be selecting a DT with the 9th pick.

Don't be surprised if we pick a running back @ #10...namely Mendenhall.

Don't be surprised if we pick a running back @ #10...namely Mendenhall.

We don't need to have all that money tied up in the backfield when we have needs on defense and we just resigned Stecker and with the rise of PT it makes no sense at all... So I would be surprised about that.

Interesting title zorro:

"After today, all logic points to #10 on a CB, barring Dorsey/Ellis"

One thing I know about the draft is you can toss out all sense of "logic".

Trust me.

ddd

Interesting title zorro:

"After today, all logic points to #10 on a CB, barring Dorsey/Ellis"

One thing I know about the draft is you can toss out all sense of "logic".

Trust me.

ddd
Especially with the Saints.
I was going to say we have no choice but to, but we will go BPA, and a CB mightn't be BPA, so I'm just saying that all logic points to it. When the Saints are on the clock, logic means nothing, I know that. It just makes a lot of sense.

I wish we would sign Briggs so all of this Rivers love can stop. DRC is my favorite at this moment for our pick.

i know we've been in the mix with everyone, but so far we havent done all that much. dont get me wrong im excited as hell for vilma, but we didnt have to give anything for him. i think gay is a must. hes a good player, and better pass rush will help. we need briggs too.

As exciting as free agency is ... you don't have to sign every free agent to build a quality team. Just look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, they always build through the draft every year and put out a top 10 team that has won a few Super Bowls. Can anyone name the last free agent they signed that was not on their team the year before?

The Saints should sign Briggs to solidify the LB corp and then draft DRC with the #10 pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom