After watching Senior Bowl practice #1... (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
... this is the player I think we must get (trade up or what have you)...he is an absolute beast!!!

NY174102518_1024x768.jpg

I agree. He clearly dominated everyone he went up against. He looks HUGE but is very quick. He gets an incredible push with his brute strength, and then gets to the QB with his speed. Not many people his size can run like he does.

Also, as a side note, Dan Connor looked a lot more athletic than I thought he was...

I just watched the practice and Keith Rivers looks fast and down right nasty.

Somebody said Rivers projects as a MLB... it really don't matter... he can play either WILL or MIKE or both at the same time in our defense and outplay the guys that we have...

Ellis would definately be a change for the saints, we've had oversized at the DT position for a while. or is this the guy that would supplant Young's "motor" that seemed to always be in the shop this year.

I like him a lot. While the photo doesn't show it, the only knock I've seen on him is that he's a bit undersized.

He weighed in at 300+ so size isn't a concern. He showed that he a beast and he raised his stock big time. If he continues to show dominance throughout the week and in the bowl game, he will threaten Dorsey as the best DT in the draft.

Its one thing to dominate at the senior bowl... and its another to even get a push in the NFL.

I like the kid alot but I'm not getting all giddy as of yet... this performance will however make him alot of money... and I doubt he'll be there at 10.

I think Rivers and Phillips are the only 2 defensive players that will be available at 10 that will be worth a 10th pick.

Its one thing to dominate at the senior bowl... and its another to even get a push in the NFL.

I like the kid alot but I'm not getting all giddy as of yet... this performance will however make him alot of money... and I doubt he'll be there at 10.

I think Rivers and Phillips are the only 2 defensive players that will be available at 10 that will be worth a 10th pick.

He dominates in the PAC 10 and he looked great against the top competition today. He is solid and will be in the NFL because of his motor and attitude. I wouldn't complain if we got Phillips or Rivers either. Barring the combine I agree with your assesment of them being the only players with the value at #10.

I definitely think the Saints would have to trade up a couple of spots to even think of getting a shot at Ellis. Now later down the board the big tackle from Texas Frank (Is it Odom?) would be a option at DT. I think he is a brute.

He dominates in the PAC 10 and he looked great against the top competition today. He is solid and will be in the NFL because of his motor and attitude. I wouldn't complain if we got Phillips or Rivers either. Barring the combine I agree with your assesment of them being the only players with the value at #10.

I think Ellis will be a good pick for whoever gets him... but dominating in the Pac 10 is different than dominating in the Big 10... where they have big corn fed guys on the line... and in the SEC where there's athletes at just about every position.

If Payton and Loomis want him they'll probably need to jump a few spots to even sniff Ellis... but if we stay at 10, the Rivers and Phillips... maybe even Conner if he has a good senior bown and combine... would probably be our defensive options at 10.

Edit... hey MVtrucking I think Okam is the guy at Tx...

Edit #2...

1. Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern California
Biggest pro: Explosive quickness.
Biggest con: Durability.
Biggest questions: Can he anchor versus bigger blockers when teams run at him? Can he avoid the injury bug at the next level?
Draft projection: Top-10 pick.

:covri:

Link

Last edited:
I definitely think the Saints would have to trade up a couple of spots to even think of getting a shot at Ellis. Now later down the board the big tackle from Texas Frank (Is it Odom?) would be a option at DT. I think he is a brute.

I paid particular attention to Okam in the East West Shrine game and he was easily handled with one blocker the majority of the time. He didn't impress me at all and seems a bit lazy. He does flow to the play well but I have read a couple of places that his play is inconsistent and takes plays off and it showed during the East West Game. I would hope we would pass on Okam. Rick Reiprish (sp) is pretty good at drafting lineman and hopefully he can find us another stroud or henderson the way he found jville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom