After week 3 MVP race (1 Viewer)

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I feel the MVP race is at right now.

1. Mahomes - I think this kid will continue to light up the field. I am so jealous Kansas City jumped in front of us to snag this guy. I was really high hopes on this guy and he is proving he can dish it out. I'll wait to see how he does the rest of the season, but he is #1 in my eyes.

2. Rodgers/Brees - if Rogers holds up and pushes for a playoff spot with his hurt knee, I'm sure the NFL will keep him in the MVP race. Brees has carried the team the last week and still no INTs. He isn't leading the total yards, but the completion percentage and carrying the team on his back will get him some credit. I see Rodgers and Brees at a tie right now with Brees slightly ahead of Rodgers.

4. Fitzpatrick - 3 straight games of 400+ yards and 3+ TDs in each. If he keeps this pace, which I doubt, he would finish with over 6000 yards in a season. He has good receivers to throw to and with their limited run game, it is possible if he stays the starter which is also in question maybe. Also at 70% completion rate. Either way, you can't deny how well he is doing. 11 TDs to 4 INT. Still a long season ahead, but I put him in 4th place for now.

Gurley/Goff - both are in the top 5 for stats and the team is 3-0 putting up 30+ points in all 3 games so far. Gurley has a good trio of WRs with Cooks, Woods, and Kupp. Cooks is top 5 in receiving, but no TDs. I would think if the Rams continue to win, Gurley or Goff would move up in spots.

Not sure who else would be in the running. Brady has been shut down twice this year so that should eliminate him from being mentioned much this year if it continues. He barely threw over 100 yards in the last game. The dolphins are 3-0, but there isn't a single player carrying the team.

Who would you think is in the top 5 at this point? I know it's way too early, but I like thinking about the numbers and how a player performs over others.

Just a quick clarification: The "NFL" doesn't award the MVP but rather the Associated Press

If Fitzpatrick wins that would mean that all NFC South QBs EXCEPT Drew Brees would have an NFL MVP

And that would be damn shame bordering on unforgivable travesty

But the only one with a Lombardi and a SB MVP.

This is what gives the most value, but I would hate for Drew to finish his career without 1 single MVP for the season as much as he has helped turned our team into a contender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom