Agents of Shield (1 Viewer)

Yeah. There's some speculation that J. August Richards (the hooded guy who rescues someone from the building. Also, Gunn on "Angel.") is playing a character from the comics. Some have speculated Luke Cage, but I REALLY doubt they'd use that character for a TV show. He's not a household name, but I still see him more as a movie character than a TV one. Evidence seems to point to him being D-List Avengers/New Warriors character Rage, but that's just based on a panel of that character appearing in the Marvel logo before the preview. He could be an original character for all anyone knows.

Even if he is, I really think this show could be a good chance for the producers to bust out their old Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and showcase some characters that will never in a million years be fit for movie screens. For ever A or B list character Marvel has there are four or five C or D listers. They can do a whole arc focused on Squirrel Girl!

You're looking for a MoonKnight cameo aren't you?

I don't think they'll even have to go that far. Nick Fury lied about the cards, who's to say he didn't lie about Coulson dying as well to push the team into working together? It would also provide some built-in tension when everybody finds out in Avengers 2.

From "Comic Book Geek" standpoint, I thought at the time that the whole "they needed a push" scene definitely hinted that Coulson might not be dead.

I will definitely be watching this show. I watch very little TV, but this will be #1 on my list (unless it turns out to be terrible, of course, but if Wheedon stays involved, I very much doubt that's possible). I at least will be Hulu-ing it if I'm not available whatever night it airs (which is likely).

Well, it Aired today. I thought it was pretty good. I liked the "Welcome to Level 7" joke.

Obviously we know who's who know, if you watched. So.. discuss.

Thought was good and I really hope that the "big stars" make cameos throughout the series. I imagine if the series takes off and the closer we get to a movie they will pop up.

would be awesome if other heroes outside of the Avengers make cameos as well...ala Spider-man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Ghostrider, Blade, etc.

I liked it. I'll have to watch it again this weekend though as I was rather distracted. I'm having a MiL infestation.

Thought was good and I really hope that the "big stars" make cameos throughout the series. I imagine if the series takes off and the closer we get to a movie they will pop up.

would be awesome if other heroes outside of the Avengers make cameos as well...ala Spider-man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Ghostrider, Blade, etc.

Disney doesn't own the rights to any of those properties, so don't bet on it.

I will only watch due to Phil Coulson. As he really steals the scenes!

Who was the Asian lady who kicked butt? And why doesn't she want to be in the field. I completely missed that.

If her backstory is from a movie, which one?

Disney doesn't own the rights to any of those properties, so don't bet on it.

Disney owns Marvel so they do own the characters, so it could be possible. The teaser they ran after the episode for the rest of the season also said something like "be sure to stay tuned for the last few minutes of each episode" which made me think there might be a gimmick where the "regular" agents take care of business and then the supehero shows up at the end to check in on things (when he/she might have been more helpful earlier in the show).

Disney owns Marvel so they do own the characters, so it could be possible. The teaser they ran after the episode for the rest of the season also said something like "be sure to stay tuned for the last few minutes of each episode" which made me think there might be a gimmick where the "regular" agents take care of business and then the supehero shows up at the end to check in on things (when he/she might have been more helpful earlier in the show).

No, Fox bought their rights before Marvel sold to Disney. They own all those characters and the word mutant.

No, Fox bought their rights before Marvel sold to Disney. They own all those characters and the word mutant.

For Movie Rights yes. Everything I've ever read says TV rights are a different animal which is why there are so many companies that have done shows based on the same heros. As far as I remember Disney owns TV rights...it's why they can do the cartoons they do. The thing is they would probably have to make a deal with FOX to use the heroes in a way tieing them to the movies I would guess, otherwise we would see whole new versions of the heroes on this show. FWIW, i also rememebr reading that Disney/Marvel getting the movie rights back is just a matter of time (or money...but unlikely FOX would sell them back given the success of the movies).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom