Agents of Shield (1 Viewer)

New 3 minute trailer from ABC.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PerIAuv27SQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in.

I wonder how they're going spin Coulson surviving Loki's spear.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. It's level 7 clearance only man. I may I say I welcome our SHIELD overlords.

I thought it was pretty well foreshadowed in the original movie that he probably wasn't really dead.

It looks interesting. I don't think Coulson can really carry a show though. I hope the preview is only centered around him because they don't have much footage yet.

Wow
Gulp
This might be the first time I've watched ABC since Lost

Is this new characters for tv? I didn't recognize anyone

Yes, except for Coulson, they're all new characters for the show. It's been said that the possibility exists for other SHIELD agents from the movies (Maria Hill chief among them) to show up later on in the show depending on filming schedules and availability.

Joss Whedon Says

"It's new characters. It needs to be its own thing," said Whedon. "It needs to be adjacent [to the MCU] but you don't want to do a show where you're constantly going, 'Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.' You want them to do their own thing."

So, what exactly is their own thing? That's the question that Whedon and his compatriots had to answer before pitching the series.

"Well, what does S.H.I.E.L.D. have that the other superheroes don't? And that, to me, is that they're not superheroes," said Whedon. "But they live in that universe. Even though they're a big organization, that [lack of powers] makes them underdogs, and that's interesting to me."

Wow
Gulp
This might be the first time I've watched ABC since Lost

Is this new characters for tv? I didn't recognize anyone

Yeah. There's some speculation that J. August Richards (the hooded guy who rescues someone from the building. Also, Gunn on "Angel.") is playing a character from the comics. Some have speculated Luke Cage, but I REALLY doubt they'd use that character for a TV show. He's not a household name, but I still see him more as a movie character than a TV one. Evidence seems to point to him being D-List Avengers/New Warriors character Rage, but that's just based on a panel of that character appearing in the Marvel logo before the preview. He could be an original character for all anyone knows.

Even if he is, I really think this show could be a good chance for the producers to bust out their old Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and showcase some characters that will never in a million years be fit for movie screens. For ever A or B list character Marvel has there are four or five C or D listers. They can do a whole arc focused on Squirrel Girl!

Life-Model Decoys (LMD's) are a S.H.I.E.L.D. designed robot that takes the form of a living person, thus making a recreation of that person. The owner can see through, speak through, and control everything the LMD does. Nick Fury's LMD's are probably the most common in the Marvel Universe.
It is designed to function as an exact body double for VIPs. Their design is such that they mimic the subject's outer appearance (i.e., fingerprints, hair, all details of the skin), speech patterns, scent, iris and retina patterns, body language, thought patterns (to fool telepaths), and any other biological indicators. Aside from any invasive procedure or strong EMP, they are indistinguishable from the original.

Life Model Decoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom