Agents of Shield (3 Viewers)

I binged 6 episodes and then last nights to catch up...wow that was some really great TV.
Excited to see how they wrap it all up! Need to see Ward somehow (and Fitz!)...

Dammit. I'm gonna miss the sheet out of this show.

Wish Marvel will surprise us with a spin-off...

Yep. I'd settle for some occasional Disney+ one-shots. But it would be cool if we could get Daisy, Mack, Deke, etc., folded into the MCU proper, even if they don't appear in movies (not that they couldn't, just won't). The world will be big enough for TV-only characters.

I don't know how likely a spinoff is. This was the one TV project that seemed to escape the politics of the initial TV/movie split at Marvel, the feud between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter that saw Perlmutter removed from the equation, and then the frost relationship with Jeph Loeb, but it still came from the era were all those things were going full blast.

Point being, I don't know that Feige has much love for the series. It's from a time before he had consolidated his power and was the product of people he didn't much care for. I think it's pretty telling that in ALL of the MCU the only reference it ever got was a vague throwaway line from Fury in Age of Ultron about how he got a hellicarrier, and even then it was only something you would pick up on if you watched thr show.

But maybe things have changed and he'd be on board of he could do it his way.

I don't know how likely a spinoff is. This was the one TV project that seemed to escape the politics of the initial TV/movie split at Marvel, the feud between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter that saw Perlmutter removed from the equation, and then the frost relationship with Jeph Loeb, but it still came from the era were all those things were going full blast.

Point being, I don't know that Feige has much love for the series. It's from a time before he had consolidated his power and was the product of people he didn't much care for. I think it's pretty telling that in ALL of the MCU the only reference it ever got was a vague throwaway line from Fury in Age of Ultron about how he got a hellicarrier, and even then it was only something you would pick up on if you watched thr show.

But maybe things have changed and he'd be on board of he could do it his way.

I tend to think a lot of that has changed. Most of that stuff was pre-Disney so I think that changes the equation, maybe. I don't really know enough to make a strong statement about the feuding of past years.

And maybe not a reference, but I always thought it was Coulson who tied AOS and MCU together more than anyone else. That, and Koenig was close to Fury, and made several appearances in AOS. Also, AOS did reference events in the MCU movies on several occasions. That said, the opposite was less obvious as other than Coulson and your reference, we would never have had a clue about AOS. I always did wish there were more tie-ins than there were, but that didn't make me like AOS any less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom