Agree or Disagree: Keith Kirkwood is a Better Wide Receiver than Tre'Quan Smith Going Forward (1 Viewer)

I felt the Kirkwood scratch for NFCCG was huge Kirkwood had some drops but the guy always attoned by converting 3rd and Long.

TQS needs to just keep working and getting better he will come around we saw what he brings and he can do I feel he got his bell rung really really good on that post TD he hadnt been the same

Moving forward, I'd give the edge to Tre'quan. That dude has some pretty nice hands and is athletic as hell. Smith's issues were/are route concepts and the playbook itself. Once he figures it all out, I think he's gonna be awesome. Kirkwood reminds me a ton of Marques Colston, which is a great thing. I think both of them will be very productive WRs in the not too distant future. Add Cam Meredith to the mix and we have some pretty diverse weaponry at the position opposite Mike T. The key is development and health.

After the big game against Philly, Smith struggled down the stretch. Kirkwood had his issues as well, but he made a lot of big plays for us late in the season.

Any thoughts?

They both only one season in. Way too early to say which direction either is going in.

Route running Technique, Hip fluidity in routes, hand usage at the line.
and Reading Man/Zone, and adjusting routes accordingly.

Is what those two need to work on this off-season to be more reliable in 2019.

Exactly, the metrics of getting separation and/or open...way too early to tell, they both have potential...I have to admit was a bit disappointed in TQS down the stretch but he was a rookie...even some of the great ones didn't make a huge impact in their rookie years....

It's too soon to know who will be the better player. Both players have shown potential and I'm hoping that both can develop into reliable players. But while they're developing I'd love to see us bring in a proven NFL starter to play opposite MT.

Kirkwood needs to work on route running.
Smith needs to work on not getting jammed.
Both have the talent to be good.
It's all about who's willing to work hard.

I think they both have a great upside to them. Both made plays this season.
I saw them both attack the ball and if they hadn't both passes would have been interceptions. Veterans make those kind of plays and both these guys were rookies!!
I think the season the Saints had was too big for both of them but it was a great experience because next year and going forward they'll know what is expected of them instead of wondering what is expected from them.

meh I neither agree or disagree yet. I wanna see more of both and I really like Kirkwood.

Kirkwood has never even out together the type of game RQS exhibited vs the Eagles...TQS showed off strong hands, a catch radius that could rival M.Thonas and a deceptive deep speed.

Kirkwood came up with a couple catches that proves he could play in this league but TQS still is the more talented player with the biggest upside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom