Ahhhh, the beauty of Georgia tailgaiting.... (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Clean up after yourselves!

Athens -- University of Georgia President Michael Adams appealed to tailgating football fans Thursday to stop trashing the school grounds after a mountain of debris was left strewn across North Campus last weeknd.

Adams said workers picked up some 70 tons of trash after Georgia's home opener Saturday against South Carolina. Adams said crews would put out extra trash bags and containers for the next home game against Arizona State on Sept. 26 and pleaded with fans to cooperate.

Attachments

• georgia.jpg
    georgia.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 11
That's ridiculous....... how can people do that? That's not a dig at UGA people only because I know that happens everywhere, but it just blows my mind how people can do things like this.

Is that an SEC thing? LSU is notoriously dirty after tailgating. :hihi:

I kid I kid, its a tailgating thing. Hard to have that many people drinking that much be neat, orderly and clean up after themselves.

Is that an SEC thing? LSU is notoriously dirty after tailgating. :hihi:

I kid I kid, its a tailgating thing. Hard to have that many people drinking that much be neat, orderly and clean up after themselves.

Sure there will always be trash laying around, but that pic seems extreme. I mean it looks like as though you'd have to step around it while picking up your chairs, ice chests, etc. Why not throw it away?

It looks like they dumped out the garbage cans and had a trash kicking party.

Good grief! How in the world did those tents and tables end up in that condition? Looks like a tornado ripped through campus.

Disgusting. I can't stand it when people have a good time and leave their trash behind for others to clean up. disgusting.

Sure there will always be trash laying around, but that pic seems extreme. I mean it looks like as though you'd have to step around it while picking up your chairs, ice chests, etc. Why not throw it away?
I've been to quite a few big LSU games and the only difference between that picture and the scenes I have seen are that its dark at LSU after a big game. But there is still trash everywhere. I'm glad that people look at it after and are embarrassed because that gives me hope that maybe they will think twice before littering, but when tailgating is actually going on people get in some sort of littering frenzy.

I've been to quite a few big LSU games and the only difference between that picture and the scenes I have seen are that its dark at LSU after a big game. But there is still trash everywhere. I'm glad that people look at it after and are embarrassed because that gives me hope that maybe they will think twice before littering, but when tailgating is actually going on people get in some sort of littering frenzy.

I've walked all over LSU after big games and I don't ever remember it being THAT bad, but I'm sure it's possible that A. I didn't see it B. the picture is misleading to how the entire area looked.

:idunno:

At The Grove, the university puts out big Red or Blue trash cans every ten or 12 feet. There are enough trash cans that every tent can have their own can and there are plenty left over to line the sidewalks. I don't think I have ever seen The Grove look anywhere close to that mess after a game. Obviously there is going to be some stuff on the ground, but nothing like what is in that picture.

I've tailgated on a number of campuses--SEC and others--and I have never seen anything that looks like this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom