Ahmad Carroll (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I saw Ahmad Carroll playing Arena football today, and I thought he looked good. He especially had the look of a good man coverage corner. If I remember right, Carroll's main problem was his work ethic. Maybe his downfall has humbled him...why not bring him in for a tryout? He has first-round talent and could be had for a minimum salary. Just a thought...

No, his main problem was being flagged for pass interfence, holding, etc.

I had forgotten about that. He still bumps a lot. That was the main concern I had when watching him today. He is always close to the receiver, but he doesn't understand angles well enough... he simply goes through the WR to make the play. I wonder if he can be taught....intelligence may be a factor.

• 34 games played with the Green Bay Packers
  • 28 games in which Carroll started
  • 33 total penalty flags thrown against Carroll
  • 26 penalties called for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding
  • 256 penalty yards enforced as a result of 24 infractions that were not declined or offset by another penalty
Our corners are bad, but I'll take bad corners over an arena ball corner who lost his team 250 yards in 34 games due to flags.

• 34 games played with the Green Bay Packers
  • 28 games in which Carroll started
  • 33 total penalty flags thrown against Carroll
  • 26 penalties called for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding
  • 256 penalty yards enforced as a result of 24 infractions that were not declined or offset by another penalty
Our corners are bad, but I'll take bad corners over an arena ball corner who lost his team 250 yards in 34 games due to flags.

If he's still that bad, he wouldn't make the roster...my question concerns a tryout. Sometimes it takes a while for the light to come on. I don't know that it has, but I will say this-- Carroll looked tremendously better than every other DB out there today. I know it is the AFL, being dominant at that level may indicate the ability to play at a higher level (e.g., the NFL).

The Packers even tried putting boxing gloves on his hands in practice to try and get him to quit holding. It didn't work.

Batman_Comic_Logo_L.jpg

5'9" with no talent. Atleast he's an inch taller than David.

Uh, shouldn't the fact that a 1st round NFL selection is playing Arena ball tell you enough?

I'm sure getting charged with a major drug crime had nothing to do with his fallout from the NFL. :confused:

I had forgotten about that. He still bumps a lot. That was the main concern I had when watching him today. He is always close to the receiver, but he doesn't understand angles well enough... he simply goes through the WR to make the play. I wonder if he can be taught....intelligence may be a factor.

that's not intelligence that's lack of balance. maybe he should do free-flo-do

that's not intelligence that's lack of balance. maybe he should do free-flo-do

It's not balance...you would have had to see his plays today. This was the common situation: Carroll is within 1-2 feet of WR when ball is thrown. WR is inside Carroll's body and ball is thrown to outside of WR's body. Instead of tracking the ball to the outside of the WR's body (which is actually the closest position to the ball), Carroll tries to get inside of the WR to swat the ball (and in the process, makes contact with the WR). It isn't balance, it's a lack of understanding of angles and ball projection...again, he was, however, in great position on every play UNTIL the ball arrived.

Batman was trouble at Arkansas too. The Packers reached for him because they desperately needed a CB, and they gave him every chance to stay on the team, but he blew it both on and off the field.

Batman was trouble at Arkansas too. The Packers reached for him because they desperately needed a CB, and they gave him every chance to stay on the team, but he blew it both on and off the field.

I don't remember if or how many times he may have been arrested here in Arkansas, but on the field he was only trouble for the other team. The man played some good college ball, and I don't know why he couldn't hack it in the NFL. If he hadn't played good college ball he would not have been drafted in the first round, so don't tell me he wasn't good in college, I live here. Sean doesn't like reconstruction projects when the reconstruction is phsycological rather than physical so we won't take him but Dallas likes that kind of stuff and it works out sometimes. If it was up to me I'd bring him to camp
Kris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom