NFL Aikman: “Bucs are best overall team I’ve seen so far” (1 Viewer)

The Brees injury gave a lot of media the excuse they clamored for to jump back on the Bucs bandwagon.

I've never seen a team get coddled like them. Let us have lost 38-3 and the media would have RAMMED us for the rest of the year. The Bucs did and the media STILL goes with their "Oh but they have so much potential though" alibi. It's crazy.

And look, the Bucs are a good team. They very well might go on a run in January. But I've never seen a team like them lose as bad as they have to us and major portions of the media always conveniently ignore it so they can talk about how great that team still is. Hilarious. I do hope the Rams beat the Bucs down tomorrow. Then I'm sure Tampa will rebound vs an average team and the media will go "You see! Their potential!!!"
I absolutely agree. I think the media wants to see a historicaly weak team be a powerhouse. It's sentimental. People like underdogs.

Aikman also said that Philip Rivers is having a "Hall of Fame career"

Aikman may have taken too many shots to the head.

may? He has said that he has suffered 6 or 7 concussions. that would scramble anyone's brain. I have had 3 and I can tell my thinking is off but I keep my mouth shut. He can't. He get's paid to talk and this is what comes out.

Well, the media doesn't like to be wrong. Whatever they pick in the preseason is generally who they stick with until it is no longer possible to stick with them. Plus, their preseason picks is based on whatever expectation they have on the teams off-season. If you subvert that expectations, they will doubt you.

Examples is Cleveland was expected to be a strong team they were not. Meanwhile, the Niners was playing lights out for 3/4ths of a season and they were still doubting them. (Last year).

No one wants to be wrong.I also like when they pat themselves on the back whenever they "correct' their assessment. It is almost always well after they should have.

----

Wait, what?!?!?

Said he’s reserving judgment on the Saints until it’s shown what they can do with Taysom (after Brees’ injury).

What a noob! :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

You know what they say in the good book, Stupidity assumes many shapes and forms

Good point taker 957. Troy Aikman's first game as a starter was in the Super Dome, and we beat his arse that day 28-0.
I can't remember the year, but I do remember the score.
Here's a cap for the haterade Troy ***Don't forget, if Kamara scores at the end of game 1, we beat the Bucs by 18 points

To be fair, he mentioned the Saints as the very next team in terms of quality, and justifies that ranking based on the Brees injury. He also said he wanted to see what the Saints looked like with a backup QB. If not for that injury, it sounds like he might have gone Saints as the best overall team, though this is reading between the lines on my part.
I have no problem with his take. I want Brees back before the Saint play the Chiefs and before the playoff run. The Saints are amazing, but I don't think they're the league's best team if Brees isn't playing.

Aikman is a Quarterback and Brady has been hitting targets downfield, long balls. He is going to go with that 10 out of 10 times, no matter. Even though our defense stifled Brady, he will still pick them over us in the playoffs, unless Taysom grabs this team fully and begins to operate at a High Level as a passer, against good teams.

The Bucs have a great team on paper. They just have to overcome Arians's plastic pinking shears and kindergarten paste.

Wait, what?!?!?

Said he’s reserving judgment on the Saints until it’s shown what they can do with Taysom (after Brees’ injury).

What a noob! :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

Well we'll find out tonight as they go up against a Rams team that is as desperate to keep up with their division leader as the Bucs are themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom