NFL Aikman: “Bucs are best overall team I’ve seen so far” (1 Viewer)

To be fair, he mentioned the Saints as the very next team in terms of quality, and justifies that ranking based on the Brees injury. He also said he wanted to see what the Saints looked like with a backup QB. If not for that injury, it sounds like he might have gone Saints as the best overall team, though this is reading between the lines on my part.
I have no problem with his take. I want Brees back before the Saint play the Chiefs and before the playoff run. The Saints are amazing, but I don't think they're the league's best team if Brees isn't playing.
If Aikman's assessment was made after Drew Brees was placed on IR, then I can certainly understand why he might move the Saints down a notch. After all there are few of us here who think the Saints are 'just as good' without Brees on the field.

But if the Rams are triumphant tonight and he is still putting the Bucs at the top of his list, then he is obviously wearing Tom Brady underwear under his slacks and sleeps in a TB onesie.

Well guys, he said this before we won a game with Taysom. So I get it. And if he and others still have that view today, I'm cool with that too. We beat a meh Falcons team that had little idea what we were gonna look like on offense. We still have several games to go before Drew returns. I want to see what happens over the next few weeks. I'm very hopeful after yesterday's performance, but not completely sold.

We play some weak-ish teams the next three weeks. But they'll have more and more tape on Hill as each week passes. That's really been my question all along. I've been optimistic that we could win a game with Taysom at QB. What I need to see is him play well, week after week during a season. When teams start game planning for him. When that happens, can he adjust? Is there enough in his game that SP can continue adjusting for him vs different teams and different strategies?

Can [Taysom] adjust? Is there enough in his game that SP can continue adjusting for him vs different teams and different strategies?
Based on what I saw yesterday, absolutely. The man was getting to his 3rd or 4th read. He's not just a read option QB. He's an extremely mobile pocket passer. Taysom has tremendous upside as a QB.

Teams can game plan for Tayson right now. Stop a fairly accurate short to medium passing game with 2 Number 1 WR's and a pair of big talented TE's. Also, stop the Number 1 all purpose back in AK and a big bruiser LH.

Beat one of the best OL's in to get pressure of TH but if he gets loose can go go for thirty yards on you quick, fast and in a hurry. He also has enough arm to bring deep routes back into play.

So, crowd the box, double cover the receivers, keep a safety deep and put a spy on TH. You might need a few extra guys to do all this is the only problem.

Who cares man. SMH

Wait, what?!?!?

Said he’s reserving judgment on the Saints until it’s shown what they can do with Taysom (after Brees’ injury).

What a noob! :jpshakehead:

:gosaints:

When your defense isn't letting teams score TDs and is physically abusing opposing offenses, it doesn't take great QB play to win. Ask Bobby Hebert.

Last edited:
hopefully, aikman is wrong about the bucs (as he is so many other things) again

always enjoy the rams going down in flames, but a bucs loss tonight serves us better

salty rams might be looking to avenge that home beatdown by jameis last season :scratch:

I absolutely agree. I think the media wants to see a historicaly weak team be a powerhouse. It's sentimental. People like underdogs.

You mean like 2006 and subsequently 2009?

The way everything was portrayed during those couple of seasons, the Saints went 4 decades without knowing how to play football until Sean Payton and Drew Brees arrived.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom