Aikman says...”Ingram could have been paid more with the Saints, but... (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Mark did not want to really share the RB any more, with Kamara. He wanted to be the lead back and signed with the Ravens”.

So who is not telling the truth?

Aikman is talking out of his butt.

Also, some stats:

Ingram's projected carries per season since 2014 when he took over as the feature back:

2014: Averaged 17 carries per game, projected 278 carries over 16 games.
2015: Averaged 14 carries per game, projected 224 carries over 16 games.
2016: Averaged 13 carries per game, 205 carries over 16 games.
2017: Averaged 14 carries per game, 230 carries over 16 games.
2018: Averaged 11.5 carries per game, projected 184 carries over 16 games.
2019: Averaged 14 carries per game, projected 224 carries over 16 games.

It is literally the same workload he got in New Orleans.

good chance what he is saying has sone truth to it. What’s more plausable, that it was a huge misunderstanding and communications breakdown or that he just wants to start like everyone does?

People really clinged hard to that supposed agent miscommunication...... Despite the fact that we are in the most connected world we've ever been in at any point. They just couldn't fathom the notion that not every Saint player's world begins and ends with this team once that contract has expired.

But he would have gotten more from the Saints, probably extend his career 5 years, wind up with the same stats because of the extra years. And made a lot more money over those years.
You're not understanding, he's getting the same limited touches at Baltimore as he did with the Saints the last 2 years. Jackson is essentially their Kamara.

Ingram will easily play out his contract with Baltimore and probably end up donning multiple Super Bowl rings when all is said and done. He's definitely getting one this year. That team isn't getting beat. I'll be happy for him.

People really clinged hard to that supposed agent miscommunication...... Despite the fact that we are in the most connected world we've ever been in at any point. They just couldn't fathom the notion that not every Saint player's world begins and ends with this team once that contract has expired.

Well... then there's this one agent who tried to get a deal with the Broncos for Dumervil. <--- link in the text.

I think it was an opinion that Aikman stated as a fact. Remember, these are the same guys that over-analyzed a statement Payton made about his love for Taysom. Next thing we know, these guys are spinning it as if Payton said Taysom was going to be our next QB.

I think it was an opinion that Aikman stated as a fact. Remember, these are the same guys that over-analyzed a statement Payton made about his love for Taysom. Next thing we know, these guys are spinning it as if Payton said Taysom was going to be our next QB.
You are incorrect in your analysis that Aikman and Buck TWISTED Payton’s words.
Here is how it went, Aikman was chatting with Payton about if he had plans for Drew Brees successor and .....
Sean Payton responded with this exact statement “HE IS ALREADY IN THE BUILDING.”
Aikman stated that he thought Sean was joking at first, but realized that he was being serious.
Now you take that and twist it anyway YOU WANT TO TWIST IT.
I know what was said because I replayed the statement a buncha times cause I was flipping shocked at the time.
Now since that statement was made I’ve chronicled every statement Sean says about Taysom & have come to the 99% conclusion that Taysom is the next starting QB.
I have laid it all out in my Taysom Timeline Thread.
At the end of the day, you got this one twisted bud.

In closing, it is extremely important to note that Sean Payton specifically uses the words “In the building” to refer to players that fit his vision. He 1st used this phrase when referencing Deuce McAllister & speaking about how highly he regards Deuce. Sean does not use that word loosly & often times if they have lacked certain key positions he will use the phrase in the negative sense such as “nobody is walking in the building & rescuing us at this point in the season, so we gotta find a way to play with the players we have in the building now”.

I’ve studied Sean Payton for over 10 years. I know the guy. He wouldn’t tell Aikman that to bs him in fact he would tell Aikman that to brag a little in a “i know but u don’t sorta way” to be honest.

Loon Ain’t Lying ? ?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom