Aikman says...”Ingram could have been paid more with the Saints, but... (1 Viewer)

You're not understanding, he's getting the same limited touches at Baltimore as he did with the Saints the last 2 years. Jackson is essentially their Kamara.

Ingram will easily play out his contract with Baltimore and probably end up donning multiple Super Bowl rings when all is said and done. He's definitely getting one this year. That team isn't getting beat. I'll be happy for him.

I was on Baltimore long before I saw most jump on the train. I still remember getting ridiculed on this board early in the year for saying Baltimore would be more than a 3 point favorite at home against SF early early in the year.

However, to say he is “definitely” getting one this year speaks to how much emotion you post with. Rarely does the team that peaks so early win it. It’s more likely that they don’t than they do. It wouldn’t surprise anyone if they got there, but to say they’ll definitely win it is ridiculous.

He wanted to start. Harbaugh recruited him hard, sold him on the opportunity. This is not new information.

Mark did not want to really share the RB any more, with Kamara. He wanted to be the lead back and signed with the Ravens”.

So who is not telling the truth?

...and now, instead of being 2nd fiddle and a compliment to AK41, he’s 2nd fiddle and a compliment to Lamar Jackson in the running game. FWIW, Aikman doesn’t know what he’s talking about most of the time; especially when it comes to making inferences about what players he doesn’t know personally “want or wanted”.

All you have to do is look at Latavius’s touch share to see why Ingram wouldn’t want to be here. Latavius is getting 69 yards on 7 carries, but he only gets seven total carries the entire game. It’s not like it’s only one game either as it’s been consecutive games, so if it was mistake it would’ve been corrected, but Payton seems hell bent on staying the course. We’ll see what happens on Monday.

I love mark for his time here one of my favorite saints but it was clear right from the jump something odd happened between his agent and the saints. Obviously there's some truth to what Aikman says in my opinion. I'd still love him back one day if he decides he wants to finish his career back here.

Aikman is talking out of his butt.

Also, some stats:

Ingram's projected carries per season since 2014 when he took over as the feature back:

2014: Averaged 17 carries per game, projected 278 carries over 16 games.
2015: Averaged 14 carries per game, projected 224 carries over 16 games.
2016: Averaged 13 carries per game, 205 carries over 16 games.
2017: Averaged 14 carries per game, 230 carries over 16 games.
2018: Averaged 11.5 carries per game, projected 184 carries over 16 games.
2019: Averaged 14 carries per game, projected 224 carries over 16 games.

It is literally the same workload he got in New Orleans.
While this is true, he IS the man Baltimore. The writing was clearly on the wall here. However, it was just a two man rotation here. Baltimore is giving three guys carries, along with Lamar doing his thing. With that being said, I believe if they are not blowing up the scoreboard, then Hill probably wouldn’t get those carries he is getting. I’m sure that MI had some frustration about getting the carry on the 1st snap, then subbed out for AK41 on the next two. It’s reversed in Baltimore. Regardless if he is getting the rock, he’s more of a presence on more downs (snap percentages). Maybe, Aikman is right, maybe he is wrong. Who knows????

Ingram wouldn't have made a difference in the Rams game when Brees was hurt.

Ingram wouldn't have made a difference in the niners game because Murray was averaging 10 yards per carry.

Ingram wouldn't have made a difference in the Atlanta game.

So we are sitting with the exact same record without Ingram as we would have been with Ingram.

All I know is this ...

Last few games, Lamar and Ingram are sitting on the sideline laughing and joking mid way through the 4th quarter on the Raven sideline, while RGIII is in during garbage time.

Baltimore is playing some very good football. They'll be a handful to deal with once the playoffs start.

I don't know why anyone puts stock in anything Troy Aikman says. Listening to him call a game makes me wonder if he can even remember his own name when he wakes up in the morning. And when you watch him, it's obvious he took a few too many shots to the head.
Broskie, pump the brakes bud....

Troy Aikman is a damn well respected HALL OF FAME QB.

When they do these “little games” on TV broskie for the week leading up to the game he has unlimited exclusive access to EVERY nook and cranny in the NFL that he flipping wants from the locker-room, to the training staff, coaching staffs, ownership, and all the way to the panties of the damn NFL cheerleaders if he wants I bet...lol but I digress ?

Seriously, though Aikman played ball in the same era as most of the age of the coaching staffs out there right now across the NFL and he has serious respect and clout in so many ways dude.

Don’t let your hate or disdain for a former Cowboy cloud some common sense reasoning here my friend.

I mean duder...I hate to state the obvious but don’t let “Approved Saintsreport Blogger” go to your head.

NFL Teams roll out the red frickin carpet for this guy during the week of the game...

“Mr. Approved Blogger” can’t get past the front desk person at Saints Headquarters any day of the week to go take a piss.

Have some damn perspective?!?!

Yikes...

Loon is LOL

I am almost as tired of the Ingram threads as I am of the we need a #2 receiver and Brees is done threads.
The bottom line is Ingram is in Baltimore and Murray is in New Orleans. End of story. I prefer Murray’s running style: Runs behind his pads, never hesitates at the hole and gets to top speed quickly.

Mark did not want to really share the RB any more, with Kamara. He wanted to be the lead back and signed with the Ravens”.

So who is not telling the truth?
I suspected this is the real reason Ingram left all along.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom