Aikmans Comment about how the Saints.... (1 Viewer)

Well see this is why I listen to Jim and Hokie every week.

-B

Yep. I had the volume on the TV down and TIVO'd was synched up with my sirius sportster. It's a beautiful thing.

He was a complete tool during the game, was obviously rooting for the Giants. Must have their D on fantasy or something.....

Troy called a pretty fair game for the most part but there was a stretch where every penalty against the Giants was "a bad call" and every time the Saints did something great, then it was the "Giants blew that coverage" or "I don't know what the Giants were doing on that play", so his bias showed.

No Joe Buck = No real problems.

There were times when I wanted Troy to shut up but it wasn't from bias. It was just from saying stupid crap.

Yeah there was a couple times when i was like " Troy **** already". Like the PI call on Colston, dude get over it.

I was complaining about his bias but watch the Eagles game again and you'll hear a different story. I'll admit, he gave us our due today

Troy called a pretty fair game for the most part but there was a stretch where every penalty against the Giants was "a bad call" and every time the Saints did something great, then it was the "Giants blew that coverage" or "I don't know what the Giants were doing on that play", so his bias showed.

:9: this. its the so obvious that he doesnt wanna give credit where credit is due. atleast he made a decent effort.

I had no problem with Aikman today...I also heard is weekly show on Sporting News radio yesterday and he was really loving the Saints.

I did think Brennaman was a joke today, though. Somewhat east coast bias, seemed lost at times.

Buck is one cocky son of a gun, but I think he and Aikman have good chemistry together.

I see this completely differently. I was at the Dome saying, "what the hell are the Giants doing?" because guys were SO wide open, I thought I was watching a college game. So, I don't think this is any bias against the Saints. I think Troy was surprised that guys were THAT open. So was I. It usually isn't that easy against an NFL team.

Granted, we made those plays, so we deserve credit. But there were a lot of obviously blown coverage in the game.

He should be complimentary; Brees is better than Aikman ever was...and the 2009 Saints are better than any Cowgirls team he played on.

Thats a bit of an overstatement. He has 3 rings, we have none, he and two other hall-of-famers played on those teams. I hate the cowboys as much as anyone, but as good as we looked today, its too early to say we are better than the cowboys of the 90's.

Why do fans want props from tv spokes personality. Respect does win games players do? As long as the saints keep busting teams on the mouth cares. All care about is the W's.

Because it's easier to listen to the game? DOH !!

I directly quoted it in some other thread right after I couldn't believe my ears, but while we were up 41-17 Troy said:
This game kind of gives the Saints a little bit of credibility.

So, I guess only beating a 15-0 Patriots team in week 16 63-0 would give us "real" credibility. Oh well, I'm all for as much doubt and suspicion as possible until after a SB win. I figure it's only easier if teams underestimate us or see our record as "fake".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom