Ain't dere no more (1 Viewer)

I’m referring to the place that was there up until like 2 yrs ago when i became Felix restaurant.. i thought Acme and Delago were there like pre The Storm , but not since then?
[/QUOTE
Oh, ok.

not to get off on a tangent, but while we are all here talking about seafood, can someone explain to me how Long John Silvers on Vets has stayed open for the last eon?
wonder if the one off williams is still there

Right?! I haven’t been to a RL in probably 30 years, but i hear they have life-changing biscuits (people wont shut up about them).. at least they got that going for them, i guess.
They are really good but, FYI, you can make them just as easily at home. Plenty of copycat recipes. (yes, this means I've been to a Red Lobster because it was with my parents and it was north of the Mason-Dixon Line)

not to get off on a tangent, but while we are all here talking about seafood, can someone explain to me how Long John Silvers on Vets has stayed open for the last eon?
Must be the ambience.

to me it doesn’t compete with our seafood restaurants so I think it’s more along the lines of how Taco Bell stays open with all the good authentic Latin cuisine in the city. Whenever I am further north from here I will still get some Captain Dees occasionally. Something about the crunchiness and malt vinegar. I always regret it, but I keep going back lol.

They are really good but, FYI, you can make them just as easily at home. Plenty of copycat recipes. (yes, this means I've been to a Red Lobster because it was with my parents and it was north of the Mason-Dixon Line)

Sam's Club used to (maybe still does) sell the biscuit mix.

I recently started frequenting a chicken finger chain in Nashville called Bojangles that is very popular in the Carolinas and other parts of the “South” (i put that in quotes cause we all know it isnt the real South).. it’s right down the street from me so very convenient.. the only prior knowledge i had of Bojangles before is that Jake Delhomme used to do commercials for them.. Anyway, their chicken is decent, much like Raising Canes or something, but their cheese biscuits that come with a combo are EXCELLENT.. I’ve never had the RL biscuits that everyone cant shut their traps about, but for a fast food place where you get them with a $7 meal, these things are fantastic... Apropros to this thread, they kind of remind me of circa 35 yrs ago when Popeyes biscuits were still actually good.. now on the rare occasion i get Popeyes, the biscuit goes to my dog, and he doesnt seem to have a problem with them.

I recently started frequenting a chicken finger chain in Nashville called Bojangles that is very popular in the Carolinas and other parts of the “South” (i put that in quotes cause we all know it isnt the real South).. it’s right down the street from me so very convenient.. the only prior knowledge i had of Bojangles before is that Jake Delhomme used to do commercials for them.. Anyway, their chicken is decent, much like Raising Canes or something, but their cheese biscuits that come with a combo are EXCELLENT.. I’ve never had the RL biscuits that everyone cant shut their traps about, but for a fast food place where you get them with a $7 meal, these things are fantastic... Apropros to this thread, they kind of remind me of circa 35 yrs ago when Popeyes biscuits were still actually good.. now on the rare occasion i get Popeyes, the biscuit goes to my dog, and he doesnt seem to have a problem with them.

i still like them ok with enough honey. Problem is Popeyes will frequently be out of honey. Not a big problem IF I’m going back home to my own honey. But if Popeyes doesn’t have honey or jalapeños to let drip on my chicken, they should just shutter the doors.

Doesn’t Bojangles do a decent breakfast sandwich on said biscuit (at least I thought the breakfast sandwich was between two tasty pieces of bread).

I couldn’t tell you since I’m not a breakfast person.. just coffee, then sometimes a protein bar mid morning.. big lunch.. afternoon snack around 3 or 4pm.. then dinner around 8pm.

Yep, we have Bojangles in parts of MD. A very beloved office mate lived near one and she would bring in chicken biscuits (and honey of course) for everyone from time to time. They are really, really good IMO....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom