Ain't dere no more (1 Viewer)

i still like them ok with enough honey. Problem is Popeyes will frequently be out of honey. Not a big problem IF I’m going back home to my own honey. But if Popeyes doesn’t have honey or jalapeños to let drip on my chicken, they should just shutter the doors.
i'll normally bring them home and spread (lol) with prickly pear jam.

I wonder too, because I have been told many times locals don't eat chain restaurants..

What always blew my everloving mind is how locals, yes local New Orleanians and Metairians would line up for hours on Friday nights to eat at a friggin Houston’s.. the one on Veterans especially, but there is/was one on St Charles Ave too.. it’s a huge national corporate chain.. They had a spinach artchoke dip that, kinda like the biscuits at Red Lobster, people went crazy over.. but it still made no sense to me.

Also i am old enough to remember when TGI Fridays was just called Fridays and was pretty good despite being a huge chain.. In the NOLA area it was located near where the Black and Gold Sports shop is now, and as a kid it was cool cause there were three floors connected by an old-time wooden huge phone booth... Does anyone else remember this? Also they had killer potato skins.

Also i am old enough to remember when TGI Fridays was just called Fridays and was pretty good despite being a huge chain.. In the NOLA area it was located near where the Black and Gold Sports shop is now, and as a kid it was cool cause there were three floors connected by an old-time wooden huge phone booth... Does anyone else remember this? Also they had killer potato skins.
Yep, it was in the office building that shares the same parking lot as the former Stein Mart (it wasn't a Stein Mart at the time, but I don't remember what was there).

I worked there for a few years.

What always blew my everloving mind is how locals, yes local New Orleanians and Metairians would line up for hours on Friday nights to eat at a friggin Houston’s.. the one on Veterans especially, but there is/was one on St Charles Ave too.. it’s a huge national corporate chain.. They had a spinach artchoke dip that, kinda like the biscuits at Red Lobster, people went crazy over.. but it still made no sense to me.
the spin dip was the only thing worthwhile, but not worth holding a square pager for.

Yep, it was in the office building that shares the same parking lot as the former Stein Mart (it wasn't a Stein Mart at the time, but I don't remember what was there).

I worked there for a few years.
yep, worked there long enough to watch the training video.

I worked there before pagers. We had the overhead PA to call people when I was a host (that was first of many roles there).

So you and Zeetes remember the three story wooden phone booth? That wasnt just a figment of my overactive imagination?

ETA I’m confused are Zats and Zeetes talking about Fridays or Houstons? I remember the dip and sq pagers being a Houston’s thing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom