Air space blocked (1 Viewer)

Where yat again, brah? :hihi:

I’m not sure, but it may be related to a security or safety concern? I know we have some pilots on here who will know for sure.

So, I'm in Pensacola waiting in a packed plane to get to Charlotte.

Captain just said we are delayed due to blocked airspace. They are working to develop a route to get us there.

WTH does that mean?

well sounds to me like Penacola AFB may be blocking? MOAs ( Military Operations area ) so maybe they are in midst of training?

I’m on a flight right now to CLT too. JAX center that controls high altitude airspace shut down due to COVID. Our crew is working on a reroute.

Unbelievable that a major control center can shut down for this....very definition of essential. They very much need to come up with a conops that keeps them open when this happens.

Penacola AFB may be blocking?
LOL. No such animal exists. There are two Air Force bases and NAS Pensacola (with outlying fields) in fairly close proximity to each other there.
most of the MOAs are offshore. That could be the problem though.

LOL. No such animal exists. There are two Air Force bases and NAS Pensacola (with outlying fields) in fairly close proximity to each other there.
most of the MOAs are offshore. That could be the problem though.

turns out it was Jax control - covid.

How u come to work in ATC tower sick??? well maybe asymptomatic.

Shut down darn near entire SE lol

@where yat brah @FlySaint . What are you two coming to Charlotte for? Sorry, only being slightly nosey
Going to Orlando. Had to use an American coupon before it expires.

Dept of transportation resigned recently.
Wonder how much that contributed

40 minutes on the tarmac in Charlotte due to lack of available gate

Last edited:
A good webpage to keep an eye on is https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/ when you're travelling. Most of the time when the main air traffic control center makes a decision, it's posted on that webpage. I say most of the time because sometimes NY and DC air traffic control will do whatever they want and not tell anyone until it's already rolling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom