Air Travel to Tampa (1 Viewer)

Mad Max2

All-Pro
Reaction score
I am making my first road trip to the Tampa Game and I was wondering if there were reserved/chartered flights to Tampa and back that weekend. Although the flights are cheap, there seems to be no direct flights from NO to Tampa and Southwest has none of their direct flights available for that weekend. Also seems like there would be a late night direct flight from Tampa on Sunday evening, but the latest is 7:00 PM, when the game is still going on. Any help would be appreciated before I book my flight.

I don't know of any charter flights going to Tampa.

We are making a mini vacation out of the trip so are taking Southwest direct on Friday morning and coming back on Monday afternoon. The extra night in the hotel on Sunday is worth it to us as not to have to make a mad dash to the airport after the game.

It is crazy, but every direct flight from NO to Tampa on Friday and Sat, as every direct flight from Tampa to NO on Monday is sold out. You would think they would offer more flights to meet the demand of traveling fans.

It is crazy, but every direct flight from NO to Tampa on Friday and Sat, as every direct flight from Tampa to NO on Monday is sold out. You would think they would offer more flights to meet the demand of traveling fans.

Think Saints fans booked those flights already?

No doubt. You would think they would offer more direct flights to accommodate the several thousand fans that want to fly to the game. Especially those of us who work and would like to return Sunday evening.

American has a return flight from TPA to MSY at 7:50 PM.
You can listen to the last quarter on the way to the airport.
R/T on AA is $181. Kinda hard to get R/T tix anywhere for less than $200 these days.

I see Delta with flights on Monday at 6 AM and at Noon with R/T being $162.
Granted they all have one stop.

Looks like the cheapest Non-Stop option is to fly SW down on Friday or Sat and fly back Monday morning on United or AA (1 stop).
$90 each way.

I paid $119 a piece, non stop Nola to Tampa. Fly in Friday afternoon, fly back Monday morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom