Airline credit cards...... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have finally reached the end of my free miles from Southwest....but oh my what a run it’s been.

I would imagine I’ve taken 7-8 round trip flights without paying a penny (well, taxes, but those are like $12).

I am shopping for my next airline card, thinking of going with Spirit or Delta.

If you haven’t tried this yet, it’s an awesome way to fly for basically no cost.

I have finally reached the end of my free miles from Southwest....but oh my what a run it’s been.

I would imagine I’ve taken 7-8 round trip flights without paying a penny (well, taxes, but those are like $12).

I am shopping for my next airline card, thinking of going with Spirit or Delta.

If you haven’t tried this yet, it’s an awesome way to fly for basically no cost.
My favorite is the Chase Sapphire. Huge bonus reward plus I can transfer to a bunch of different airlines, including Southwest.
Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Preferred. I can be rewarded, learn more.

I've also got American Airline Platinum reward card, American Airlines Silver Aviator Card, Chase Ink business card, United Airlines Card, Southwest Card and a couple others.

listen to bclemms. i concur with his post.

unfortunately, due to a ridiculous amount of medical bills, i defaulted on mine. sadly. the chase sapphire is the best

unfortunately, due to a ridiculous amount of medical bills, i defaulted on mine. sadly. the chase sapphire is the best

Do the 60,000 points transfer equally to 60,000 miles for SW?

I did American on my way to the DR. I got on on both legs of the trip. 2 separate banks offered them and I got 100k miles. Still using them

Been with Delta for years and still have miles to use up. They just changed the rewards to offer more miles per dollar, so you can't beat that.

My favorite is the Chase Sapphire. Huge bonus reward plus I can transfer to a bunch of different airlines, including Southwest.
Earn 60,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Preferred. I can be rewarded, learn more.

I've also got American Airline Platinum reward card, American Airlines Silver Aviator Card, Chase Ink business card, United Airlines Card, Southwest Card and a couple others.

Can't you just book on most airlines through the chase website? Is there a benefit to transfer of points?

Can't you just book on most airlines through the chase website? Is there a benefit to transfer of points?
Yes you can book on Chase website or transfer points. Only benefit is being able to use those points for something like an upgrade, makes it a lot easier to just transfer but for booking a ticket, no.

Yes you can book on Chase website or transfer points. Only benefit is being able to use those points for something like an upgrade, makes it a lot easier to just transfer but for booking a ticket, no.

Oh cool. I didn't know if you got better value in the flight itself. Good to know

Wirecutter always gives a good run down on this and they update every year. The Chase Sapphire was dropped from their top choice of travel credit card due to some changes that Chase made this year.

The sapphire reserve (not preferred) is the best if you want to just use one card to get points. The card is $550 per year but you get a $300 annual travel credit which brngs the actual cost to $250 annually and you will be earning 3x points on travel and dining vs 2x Points. It adds up if you do a lot of traveling and eating out (even mcdonalds counts) and makes the extra $150ish worth the extra cost over preferred

However, if you want to get more involved and REALLY maximize earnings, multiple cards are the way to go. For purchased airline tickets AMEX plat will give you 5x points per dollar spent (vs 3 for sapphire reserve) and the citi prestige will get you 5x points on Dining (amex gold will get you 4x)

Amex Gold all the way. 4x the points at grocery stores where all of my money goes. If I flew more then maybe the platinum. Lounges are awesome, but I seldom fly and seldom spend any time in the airport when I do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom