Airport(merged) (1 Viewer)

Mediocrity

To paraphrase from the MNF broadcast of the Saints years ago when Saints fans cheered a first down "Boy, the fans here really love their mediocrity."

The whole point of buryng the Aints thing after SB44 was that the airport thing, etc. was a way of supporting medocrity. A continung championship team does not deal in "well, we were a couple of missed FGs from being 5-0, or we MUST win next Sunday." It's like Chuck Noll's Steelers: they beat the bad teams because that's what good teams do.

Don't reward mediocrity. If the Saints went 100-0 in their next 100 games, they would be .500 for the franchise.

That idiot with the Seahawks bag wrote on it upside down. I guess he didn't realize he would have to put the bag on with the open part 1st. Shows the intelligence of bagheads. Dumb *** :smilielol:

You didn't notice that the bag came with those letters printed on them, and they they weren't written by the baghead?

BTW, I didnt go last night. I got too drunk to drive, and couldnt talk anyone into driving me there. I would have gone and showed my support had I been able to talk someone into driving me for sure.

I'll be there with a paperbag on my head, with a sign that reads. "one hit wonders"

Hey the cowboys called...they want their bandwagon fans back

Pfft not afraid... Once people see me, they are all mouth and no action...

Oh and speaking of 'all mouth and no action' I bet you didn't actually show up last night with a bag on your head cause you know you would have gotten your *** kicked. Btw you've been pretty quiet on this thread for a while. I'm guessing you were put in your place. Hopefully you stay pretty quiet on this board for a while too...

Making blanket statements about people that you know little to nothing about (where they come from, why they are where they are, etc.,) is both the heights if ignorance and arrogance. I don't reside in New Orleans anymore, but if you think you have a stronger bond with the team because you still do; you do not.

Being a New Orleanian is not what your address is, it's where your heart lies and any man who claims to read the hearts of others is nothing more than a fool.

My words are being misunderstood. I'm never said I doubted the loyalty of out of towners. When I said "there", I referring to the airport, since that IS what this topic is about, right? I was mainly talking to those who are out of town, pointing the finger at locals, saying "well I'd be there if I could. Y'all should be there". But I appreciate the well thought out attacks.

I notice how strong the voice of people who are out of town are in this thread. Kinda makes me think a lot of them are all talk since they can't be there. Even though there's no other bond like the Saints have with New Orleans, the team and this board need to realize there's a huge amount of bandwagoners. Numbers will drop when the success goes with it.

Just for full disclosure, no I was not there at the airport. Then again, I wasn't at the airport last year or any other year. I do however have season tickets (2 to be exact) & attend anywhere from 1 to 3 training camp practices a year. So I definitely let the players know I support them.

Well good for you. Im one of the "Out of Towners" and living on the east coast I too have season tickets but dont attend the airport because Im just a little bit farther away than a local like yourself. However if I were anywhere near there I would make the trip in a heartbeat, win lose or draw... Next!!! BDM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom