AirTags (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
These kinds of devices are getting more common and when Apple makes it this easy, they’ll likely become very common - they help us avoid losing sheet and could even be a child/personal safety tool. The AirTag appears not much bigger than a nickel.

But as the tracking devices get smaller and more convenient, they raise questions about privacy and potential for mischief.

Last edited:
(CNN) — After months of speculation and anticipation, Apple’s AirTag trackers are finally here at a relatively affordable $29 for a single AirTag or $99 for a pack of four.

We spent a week with five AirTags during what turned out to be an extra clumsy testing adventure. Overall, the tags’ integration within Apple’s Find My network delivers a wide coverage map, and their location accuracy is impressive. Combined with turn-by-turn directions to lost items, this makes them highly valuable for Apple users that misplace their belongings.

But as the tracking devices get smaller and more convenient, they raise questions about privacy and potential for mischief.

Yea they will be used in plenty of gray areas as well as not so gray. I know that a lot of people put tracking on significant others cars even when the car isn’t in their name. A really cheap way to do it is to bury a cell phone somewhere in the car but they have to get access regular to charge it. This is going to make all that super easy.

I have been interested in these for their intended purposes. Not sure what I really need them for though. If it is precise enough to find a remote when I already know what room it’s in maybe.

This is a pretty honest review and demonstration. Typical of Apple to sell devices that are fairly useless without buying other items. Seems pretty cool but I may wait until the next gen as I would prefer smaller. I do like the options of play sound or honing.

Yea they will be used in plenty of gray areas as well as not so gray. I know that a lot of people put tracking on significant others cars even when the car isn’t in their name. A really cheap way to do it is to bury a cell phone somewhere in the car but they have to get access regular to charge it. This is going to make all that super easy.
the future for young lotharios before sneaking off to a tryst

I have been interested in these for their intended purposes. Not sure what I really need them for though. If it is precise enough to find a remote when I already know what room it’s in maybe.

The airtags run on CR2032 batteries (like car fobs), so they’ll last quite a while. Years perhaps.

So far this thread is working a 20% vaccine-joke ratio.

These kinds of devices are getting more common and when Apple makes it this easy, they’ll likely become very common - they help us avoid losing sheet and could even be a child/personal safety tool. The AirTag appears not much bigger than a nickel.

If you have an iPhone you’ll get a notification when there’s an unowned device following you.... but no iPhone = potential for mischief.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom