AJ Brown, WR Ole Miss (1 Viewer)

I think we trade up into the second to grab a player like a Greedy Williams, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler, Irv Smith, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Sternberger, Chase Winovich. Got some good ones left. Don’t need six late round picks that won’t make the team. Rather get 3 picks total that will make the team and contribute.
I don’t think I’ve Smith. Undersized and not as athletic. If they go TE, they like Knox and Sternberger.

I think it'll come down to finding a trading partner. My sense is that they are willing to part with the 2020 first because Jeff sees a lot of value in round 2 and has to be very happy with how the draft has fallen. I can guarantee that there are players on left on the board (and I will not go through them) who carry first round grades.

I think the Saints will have to wait for at least a few picks to fall in the early second round in order to pull off a trade, but I think they will try to get into the mid-second round if a player they covet is still there. I think they keep pick #62 and add an earlier second-round pick, giving up their 2020 first round pick. It will come down to a trading partner who is willing to gamble that the Saints first-round pick in 2020 is not pick #32. The Packers took our 2019 first-round pick, it was a lot later than what they were hoping. Saints could use two solid "starters" or players who contribute a LOT this year to come out of this draft. If they see one of those in reach in the early to mid-second round, they will pull the trigger if they can find a trade partner.

I thought for sure NE was going to grab him.

I don’t think I’ve Smith. Undersized and not as athletic. If they go TE, they like Knox and Sternberger.

Don't rule out Kaden Smith.

He's a beast within 15 yards of the LOS.

Jaylon Ferguson or Chase Winovich at 62 would still fill a big need with a top tier talent. I just wonder how much further some of these guys can slip. First round was strange.
If Ferguson is there at 62, you run (don't walk) to select him. Then you set sheet on fire and laugh at everyone else's misfortune.

Compared to Isabella?

How about his jump ball potential compared to Whiteside, or body positioning compared to Butler?

His arms seem short in proportion to his shoulders vs a guy like Butler who has 35" arms.

Im sorry buy he seems too much like Jordan Matthews.

Isabella is lightning fast, but he’s tiny and will never win when defenders contest the catch. Whiteside & Butler are great box out WRs, but they don’t compare in terms of sharp route running with a guy like AJ Brown.

You’re taking the strong aspects of different WRs as > Brown. I’m talking about the fact the Brown is well rounded for the slot and can do it all. Brown frees himself with his feet, has more than enough speed, and still possesses the bulk and strength to bully defenders when they do contest catches.

He’s a new age slot WR, and a match up nightmare. The Saints need a slot, and if Brown plugs in, this could be the best offense New Orleans has ever had.

Isabella is lightning fast, but he’s tiny and will never win when defenders contest the catch. Whiteside & Butler are great box out WRs, but they don’t compare in terms of sharp route running with a guy like AJ Brown.

You’re taking the strong aspects of different WRs as > Brown. I’m talking about the fact the Brown is well rounded for the slot and can do it all. Brown frees himself with his feet, has more than enough speed, and still possesses the bulk and strength to bully defenders when they do contest catches.

He’s a new age slot WR, and a match up nightmare. The Saints need a slot, and if Brown plugs in, this could be the best offense New Orleans has ever had.
You need to look again.

Isabella can beat press as he was did routinely at the Senior Bowl.

You're talking about a guy like Tareek Hill who doesn't need contested catches to do damage.

Also, Isabella is the fastest slot guy in the draft.

Last edited:
You need to look again.

I Isabella can beat press as he was did routinely at the Senior Bowl.

You're talking about a guy like Tareek Hill who doesn't need contested catches to do damage.

Did some say "Tyreek Hill?" Outside of his potential personal problems, I would kill for a guy like Hill on the field. He creates so much havoc for defenses.

You need to look again.

I Isabella can beat press as he was did routinely at the Senior Bowl.

I like Isabella too but Campbell is 6ft 205lb with a sleek athletic build. Campbell is faster and bigger and has the twitch for the slot with track speed. Cambell u trade up for

I like Isabella too but Campbell is 6ft 205lb with a sleek athletic build. Campbell is faster and bigger and has the twitch for the slot with track speed. Cambell u trade up for
Cambell is not faster.

They both ran the exact same time and Isabella led college football in receiving.

Isabella cuts much quicker than Cambell who honestly plays like Kenny Stills.

Cambell is not faster.

They both ran the exact same time and Isabella led college football in receiving.

Isabella cuts much quicker than Cambell who honestly plays like Kenny Stills.
It's hard to get a good bead on WRs in urbans scheme as far as where they at in the route running tree. Creates alot of free releases easy throws and catches. I think Campbell has star potential. Hes a uber athlete just a better prospect then Isabella size weight speed wise. I wouldnt be upset with Isabella though. I like Isabella as a high volume slot with flanker flexibility.

I think the cardinals really like Isabella. I think they trade back later in the 2nd and take him. What they are going to try to do with spacing he fits well. Him and Kirk can be high volume guys.

I think Harry will eventually establish himself as the top WR of the class. He’s the best WR prospect I can remember since at least Amari Cooper, and I would probably say I like him more than that. I think he’ll wind up a top 10 guy. Again, this WR class is very strong. That is part of why I think there’s a chance the Saints have a shot at AJ Brown.

No offense, but most accounts I've read have described this WR class as very weak. It's not even top heavy like we've seen recently. It's just weak. Walterfootball does class comparisons which I've found very useful. It helps deter recency bias and keep players in perspective instead of judging players from a particular year against other players in that same year.

I think he's dead on. Last year, when everyone wanted a TE, TEs mysteriously became thought of as "deep" when it was incredibly weal compared to the year before and now this year. It's easy to let "needs" determine perspective.

It's hard to get a good bead on WRs in urbans scheme as far as where they at in the route running tree. Creates alot of free releases easy throws and catches. I think Campbell has star potential. Hes a uber athlete just a better prospect then Isabella size weight speed wise. I wouldnt be upset with Isabella though. I like Isabella as a high volume slot with flanker flexibility.

Campbell was almost exclusively slot with a route tree that was mostly drags, slants, posts or screens.

The 5 yard out or hitch was not in his repertoire.

Isabella has no such limitations and is more well rounded.

I also like Hakeem Butler in the slot because I've seen him excel there due to sheer size and reach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom