AJ Ouelette Camp Beast? (1 Viewer)

4.48 speed would make him the fastest RB on the roster. He's probably at least on par with Kamara as far as speed.

Nah, the fastest RB on the roster is Latavius Murray who clocked a 4.38. Ouellette may be on par w/AK, speed-wise, but he doesnt have the instant explosivness out the gate. He's more build up speed to power, than actual burst. I think that's where and why the Peyton Hillis comp totally applies.

Truth is, you never really know what a guy is going to look like until you actually see him out there playing against other guys trying to make a NFL roster.

Blair Thomas looked like the next great RB until he got to the NFL and his game just didn’t translate. Conversely, PT23 was an afterthought UDFA, and he is one of the best Saints RBs of all time.

I think this is de-valuing the kid based on his skin color! The truth is, he’s a scrappy, high motor player, that has sneaky athleticism. He’s a high character, lunch pail type of player... that plays the game the right way! He’s a heady/cerebral gym rat that gets the most out of his abilities. He’s a “faster than he appears” grinder, that has a lot of heart... he’s the type of guy you’d want your daughter to date.

Don’t blackball him with your “great white hope” label! ?
If he plays like Pierre Thomas, I am happy.

I will admit, I was in a funk these past few months. Didn't care to post or read up on anything, even with the draft. But I am starting to feel it again.

I think this shows dedication to your beard to run your time with it. ?

Attachments

• D35E80BB-CD5E-4154-8CBA-F6ABD8ADF4EC.jpeg
    D35E80BB-CD5E-4154-8CBA-F6ABD8ADF4EC.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 7
Maybe it's because he's local, but I'm liking the RB we picked up out of Kennesaw State: Darnell Holland
Check out his highlights, dude has an amazing first step and great cuts.

Then there is the kid from Nebraska, Osigbo. He reminds me the most of Ingram's running style. Good first step and takes the best possible angle to the endzone, but tends to run with body straight up instead of pads ahead of feet.
Just has the same movements and running style as Ingram (probably more the 22 he's wearing).

One has amazing home run potential, the other has the ability to come in and give Kamara/Murray a break and pick up the hard yards.

Dwayne Washington has the inside track to being the 3rd RB, but these other two are really intriguing. Going to be a really fun preseason to watch this year.

Maybe it's because he's local, but I'm liking the RB we picked up out of Kennesaw State: Darnell Holland
Check out his highlights, dude has an amazing first step and great cuts.

Then there is the kid from Nebraska, Osigbo. He reminds me the most of Ingram's running style. Good first step and takes the best possible angle to the endzone, but tends to run with body straight up instead of pads ahead of feet.
Just has the same movements and running style as Ingram (probably more the 22 he's wearing).

One has amazing home run potential, the other has the ability to come in and give Kamara/Murray a break and pick up the hard yards.

Dwayne Washington has the inside track to being the 3rd RB, but these other two are really intriguing. Going to be a really fun preseason to watch this year.

I think Holland got cut

Damn....two days ago.
So much for that.

I know he comes from a school with not so much competition, but he was fun to watch.
Yep, looks like he got bet out by Ouellete which is what I was hoping. Should be quite the camp battle between Washington, Ozigbo, and Ouellette. I hope they keep two of them on the 53 and one on the practice squad. Would hate to lose any of them.

Yep, looks like he got bet out by Ouellete which is what I was hoping. Should be quite the camp battle between Washington, Ozigbo, and Ouellette. I hope they keep two of them on the 53 and one on the practice squad. Would hate to lose any of them.
If two of them can contribute on special teams, there's a good chance of that happening. I don't think Payton is ever going to let the running backs room be light on people after having to go to Seattle in the playoffs with DeShawn Wynn as our starting RB. Washington still has the inside track after a year in the offense and he looked really good in his limited touches last year at the end of the season.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to have to see Ouellette in action.
Looking at his highlights he seems to have a real slow first step. Definitely interested in seeing more of him running behind our o-line.

edit - after watching some more, he seems to have good vision, can block and catch.
When does camp start again? I need to see these guys and our WR's in action!!

Last edited:
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to have to see Ouellette in action.
Looking at his highlights he seems to have a real slow first step. Definitely interested in seeing more of him running behind our o-line.

edit - after watching some more, he seems to have good vision, can block and catch.
When does camp start again? I need to see these guys and our WR's in action!!
You’ll see A.J. in action in due time, my friend. And what you will see is a young man who gives relentless effort and plays balls to the wall on every single play. He’s just wired that way. Is it good enough to make the final 53? Time will tell.

And with scouts from all 32 teams on hand Thursday at Ohio University, Ouellette proved he is a player to watch in the upcoming NFL draft by posting numbers that are on par with any of the top prospects.

He started things off by bench pressing 225 pounds 32 times, which would have been good for second for running backs at the combine. He then recorded 36.5 inches in the vertical, which would have been good for sixth among running backs at the combine. To top it off, Ouellette had two runs in the forty-yard dash where he ran a 4.52 and a 4.48, which would have been good for 5th and 10th among backs at the combine.

Ouellette followed that up with a time of 4.0 in the shuttle and a 6.8 time in the L-Cone, which impressed the scouts who were on hand.

“In my last interview they said said there were a lot of ooze and aahs, which makes you feel pretty good after you do your jump or after you run,” Ouellette said. “So, I’m feeling pretty good.”

Those numbers are nothing to scoff at.

4.5 speed with great balance. I think he makes a run for the roster. I didnt see what I would liked as far as vision in his highlight video, but the speed and balance are there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom