Saints AJC article comparing the contracts of Julio with Michael Thomas (1 Viewer)

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The article in a nutshell: Thomas’ contract is riskier b/c Brees is older and won’t be around much longer. He’s basically saying that Brees made Thomas an elite receiver.
However, what the reporter failed to mention is that Julio is older and will eventually start to decline in production. So there’s that too...
What do y’all think?

I think that once Brees retires, Thomas may initially see a decline in stats. But to assume that he can’t reach that elite level again is assuming a lot. I mean elite is elite. A good receiver is going to shine no matter who the qb is.
Anyway, the whole premise of the article is ridiculous.
The writer must be suffering from Saints envy. It’s typical of most Falcon fans. They’re always trying to copy the intensity of the Saints and Saints fans.

Last edited:
As much trash as that homer spewed, even he admits unequivocally that we got jobbed on that play in the NFCC game.
?

Falcons media has been obsessed with us lately. AJC did an article the other day trying to claim Ryan was just as good as Brees lol.

They're suffering from a severe case of little brother syndrome.

Bad article. Julio’s injury history and age are huge factors of risk. It’s also a bad assumption that all QBs last as long as Brees. What he and Brady are doing is unprecedented.
I also am not sure a receiver who is allergic to the endzone is worth quite that much.

He's a top receiver at moving the chains but not much else.

I think that once Brees retires, Thomas may initially see a decline in stats. But to assume that he can’t reach that elite level again is assuming a lot. I mean elite is elite. A good receiver is going to shine no matter who the qb is.
Anyway, the whole premise of the article is ridiculous.
The writer must be suffering from Saints envy. It’s typical of most Falcon fans. They’re always trying to copy the intensity of the Saints and Saints fans.

Don't they all suffer from Saints envy?

I also am not sure a receiver who is allergic to the endzone is worth quite that much.

He's a top receiver at moving the chains but not much else.

You are not kidding with that. Jones only has 51 TDS out of 111 games played or 8 years

Thomas has 23tds in five less years.

You are not kidding with that. Jones only has 51 TDS out of 111 games played or 8 years

Thomas has 23tds in five less years.
So a little more than 4 TDs per season average in 16 game seasons as the "go to" receiver. Definitely under par for finding the endzone or working in the Red Zone.

Considering that Ryan is only 6 years younger than Brees & has NEVER had a better season(including his "MVP" season), doesn't have the work effort, results or COACH w/a clue; how does QB play figure Jones is a better risk?
I have a feeling that Thomas is going to continue to flourish w/the next QB; the race for retirement between Jones & Ryan will be close.
Thomas also never whines about the "disrespect" & "lower salary" every year(even while playing under a contract that was top level signing record contracts when signed).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom