AK41 more injured than we suspected? (1 Viewer)

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Saints RB Coach Reveals Insane Details About Alvin Kamara Injury Battles in 2019 NFL Season

Yeah it’s been alluded to many times, even by his sister on social media, that he was really hurting last year. Physically, but some allude to personally as well.

Hopefully he is back at 100% both ways this season and hopefully his body stays true to him.

He was clearly hurt. Anyone with working eyes could see that. Hard-headed Payton should have used Murray more instead of forcing Kamara the ball. I'll never understand that decision.

You know, the argument has been around since Kamara came on the scene, and I think I have changed my stance. Kamara is not best used as an every down, run between the tackles type back. He's an x-factor that operates well out of the backfield, but even better in space. Perhaps we were just trying to see how he would handle a heavier load as a pure tailback. Not sure, but the duo of Ingram and Kamara was killer. I think Kamara needs a bruiser, who gets almost equal touches, to compliment his skillset. If the Saints feel similarly, I'm not sure how this will impact their next contract offer, if at all.

Do you make a guy like Kamara one of the highest paid RBs in the league if you don't feel he's best handling the majority of carries as RB #1? He is not the best pure back in my opinion, but his ability as a receiving back is what makes him so special and valuable, IMO. He is a force in space. Just not so sure he will last if we run him into the ground like we did last season. Anyway, this season is going to mean a lot for Kamara's future. I hope we can hang onto him. The way he trains tells you all you need to know about his work ethic. Being hurt caused a lot of people to question that for some reason. I really feel he is going to have a big year. I just hope we get back to the thunder and lightning type of play calling.

I wish he would quit wearing that long T-Shirt. Lost count of the number of times it was the only thing the defender could grasp and nearly bent Alvin in half backwards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom