Akiem Hicks & the Bears Defense (1 Viewer)

Pensacola

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Here is an article from Chi-town on Akiem Hicks. I think our last game -vs- the Bears he was on IR. No doubt we will see him throwing down that extra effort against our OL in his best attempt to cause havoc. Looking forward to watching his match ups. Still seems crazy to me why we ended up shipping him to the Patriots for peanuts. When you consider we have spent years trying to develop sloppy playing DB's but, with a mountain of a man like Hicks, he was out the door before he broke out as one of the better DT's in the league. Most players like playing and staying here. I know I read about personality issues that got in the way but regardless, we could have used him the past three years (playoffs) and saved on a few draft pics / free agent deals as well. Should be a good game as the Bears 'D' has a lot of talent and will be a good test for our offense.

My memory of it was that he didn’t want to play 3-tech, which is where he was lined up the majority of the time we were in nickel (which was a lot as any Saints fan can attest to).

Since we were running some mishmash effort of a 3-4 defense at that time, he felt he was being played out of position as a DE in a 3-4 as opposed to a DT in a 4-3.

I think he FINALLY recently changed his twitter pic to not have the pic of him about to sack Drew Brees. Also if I'm not wrong, in that game he didn't even sack Drew which is funny. Not sure what the dude's problem is - the Saints gave him a chance by making him their top draft pick in 2012 after the bounty nonsense. He came from a nowhere college and frankly just didn't perform with the Saints.

My concern isn’t with our offense because we could match point with the best of them unfortunately the same can’t be said for our defense, let me rephrase that , Our passing defense . because we do have an elite run defense and I believe we‘re either first or second in the league in that category .The last time I checked our D was allowing 89.7yards per gameI believe but I could be mistaken. I do know it was below 90 yards per game. Also it’s hard to believe that this will be our first outdoor game this season.

It’s hard to tell what is actually what because the Bears defense makes everyone great. They were good before Hicks and will be good after.

That’s not to say Hicks isn’t good. It’s to say that it’s hard to know if that would have translated here or other teams with more time invested.

As I recall Hicks was upset because wanted to play outside. He got to the Patriots and wound up doing the same thing he did with the Saints. Now with the Bears, rinse, repeat.

Get over it.

As I recall Hicks was upset because wanted to play outside. He got to the Patriots and wound up doing the same thing he did with the Saints. Now with the Bears, rinse, repeat.

Get over it.
I though he wanted to play inside, and we were playing him outside.

My memory of it was that he didn’t want to play 3-tech, which is where he was lined up the majority of the time we were in nickel (which was a lot as any Saints fan can attest to).

Since we were running some mishmash effort of a 3-4 defense at that time, he felt he was being played out of position as a DE in a 3-4 as opposed to a DT in a 4-3.

The Saints haD him lose weight in the 2014 offseason to play 4-3 DE. He played 3-4 DE in 2013 and he played well. The Bears are playing him as a 3-4 DE. The problem was the Saints switching his position and I don’t blame him for not liking it.

Payton is constantly forcing players out of position on defense no matter who the DC is at the time. It’s been happening a long time now with his “vision”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom