Al Jarreau dies at age 76 (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems 2017 is trying to pick up where 2016 left off...

(CNN)Al Jarreau, the jazz-pop musician best known for the hits "Breakin' Away," "We're in This Love Together" and the theme song to the popular 1980's TV show, "Moonlighting," died Sunday, according to posts on his verified social media accounts. He was 76.

Jarreau died about 9 a.m. ET in Los Angeles surrounded by his wife, son and a few friends, according to posts on his Facebook page and Twitter account.

Nicknamed the "Acrobat of Scat" for his innovative vocal stylings, Jarreau was one of the few performers of his day who successfully bridged pop, jazz and R&B. He released more than 20 albums over his storied career, won seven Grammy Awards and remained a tireless performer right up until his death.

Al Jarreau, Grammy-winning jazz singer, dead at 76 - CNN.com

While unfortunate, 76 is a long life. Good for him.

Also, with that nickname, I bet he was disappointed that the word 'scat' became more synonymous with excrement than jazz.

Sad news

I saw just a few days ago he said that he was retiring from touring

While unfortunate, 76 is a long life. Good for him.

Also, with that nickname, I bet he was disappointed that the word 'scat' became more synonymous with excrement than jazz.

When I saw this I was explaining to my wife what scat(jazz) was, and then told her absolutely do not google it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom