Al qaeda is happy too! (4 Viewers)

Original post:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061110/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_al_qaida

""The American people have put their feet on the right path by ... realizing their president's betrayal in supporting Israel,"

He urged Bush not to withdraw U.S. forces so al-Qaida could have more opportunities to fight U.S. soldiers. "We haven't had enough of your blood yet," he told the U.S.

"They are getting ready to leave, because they are no longer capable of staying," the al-Qaida leader said, referring to U.S. forces.

"Remain steadfast in the battlefield, you coward," he said, addressing Bush.

Well done my fellow Americans.

So, y'all choose to ignore the entire rest of the post and focus on that last line...a one-line retort...and rehash a thread that was posted several days ago instead. OK. Got it.

Half the posts on this thread should be moved to the old thread:

Terrorists vote Democrat too.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2458

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061110/ap_on_re_mi_ea/egypt_al_qaida

""The American people have put their feet on the right path by ... realizing their president's betrayal in supporting Israel,"

He urged Bush not to withdraw U.S. forces so al-Qaida could have more opportunities to fight U.S. soldiers. "We haven't had enough of your blood yet," he told the U.S.

"They are getting ready to leave, because they are no longer capable of staying," the al-Qaida leader said, referring to U.S. forces.

"Remain steadfast in the battlefield, you coward," he said, addressing Bush.

Well done my fellow Americans.

Dad, you know I love you like a big brother, but this thread is not about the tape. Read Spicoli's words (not the extracts from the link) and you will see my point. Heck, his heading is Al Quaida is happy too (his words, not the link). That's why I said for us to be intellectually honest here so that we can have a fair discussion. Now, if you want to discuss the tape, then we can do so...but, not on the premise that that is what this thread is about.

I ignored the last line as bluster. I've seen worse remarks from the other side of the aisle.

I could care less if Spicoli wants to vent. What's on the tape is what matters to me.

I ignored the last line as bluster. I've seen worse remarks from the other side of the aisle.

I could care less if Spicoli wants to vent. What's on the tape is what matters to me.

No, the last line was the point of the post. It wasn't just "bluster."

And the "other side of the isle" remark is indicative to me of at least admitting that the initial comment was partisan in nature.

What's on tape=who cares?

Again, if "what's on tape" entails a bunch of terrorists celebrating a democratic victory, it doesn't mean a damn thing.

Sorry DD -- IMO, you're definitely the thread jacker here. Not that it hasn't been fun, but it seems clear to me that Spicoli's intent was to point out that Al Qaeda is happy the Democrats won therefore the Democrats winning is bad. He made that point later... and Mr. Paul Caruso has also echoed that point.

Your discussion isn't really a discussion it's a statement of self-evident facts with no conclusion. It would be like me saying:

1. Leaves are turning brown
2. Fires are starting to burn
3. Football is being played

And then getting upset when people start talking about how it is now fall, or that winter is coming.

Oh, and Dave -- yes, we are supposed to ignore it... or more accurately pay it little mind. Who cares if they think they're happy right now. They were ecstatic when they blew up 4 planes and brought down the towers. What happened a few months later? The completely lost their base of operations and were sent scattering to the winds, being temporarily operationally crippled.

AQ's understanding of American policy and actions is limited at best... blinded by their own propaganda. To give credence to their worldview is a mistake.

Can someone give me an event the terrorists haven't claimed they were happy about?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom