AL Wilson (1 Viewer)

My point was that it's not Safteis and Db's consistently making the tackles 7-15 yds downfield. A good LB makes plenty of those tackles. I understand what a LB's job is, please don't respond as if I'm ignorant. I'll stick by my guns, and say that tackles don't tell the whole story of good LB's. Laurinitis, for example, had 16 tackles in that game. The Ohio State defense was supposed to be "great" yet he was the only real person who could make a tackle. Maybe the reason he was able to do so was the fact that he was fortunate enough to have such an overrated defense that plays in the Big 10, and schedules one of the easiest overall schedule of any BCS eligible team.

Yeah, maybe so, but were talking about the NFL. Teams are very evenly matched and its very hard to pad your stats playing lesser competition.

Not to be pedantic, or try to discredit what you said because i agree in most part. But I'd say DT is far more measurable via tackles.

The only reason I'd say not is because half of the DT's job is to pressure the QB. A MLB, unless sent on a designed blitz is tasked to make a tackle, whether its hitting a RB coming up the middle or dropping into coverage to tackle anyone that catches the ball infront of him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom