Al Woods turning heads in Tampa? (1 Viewer)

lets just trade away all of our draft picks for players or something, because the only thing that ever pans out for us is UDFA, which i guess isnt a bad thing :idunno:

Al woods held his ground in every game that i watched him in preseason. The only reason that i can imagine that the staff got rid of him and kept ayodele is because of ayodele's veteran awareness. RA knows how to get his hands up to block passes and can move a bit better in space but i still think that woods did a good job tying up blockers and clogging his lane, especially against the patriots.

i think that brian price is done for the season and McCoy has been a pretty big disappointment even when healthy.

If you ever watch a Bucs game you can understand him sticking there. The Bucs Def line is complete garbage. I would hope he couold stick around there.

Woods never really impressed me but I wish him well in Tampa (until they play us).

Our run defense is off the charts currently so the Office knows what they are doing. He may be playing good at tampa but here he would be stuck without a spot.

Be real though. How many times do we see fluff pieces on newly signed players and in the end they never amount to anything? Let's see him get on the field on Sundays.

Here's the key:

An LSU product, Woods was a player the Bucs followed during the draft, and since making his Bucs debut at Atlanta on Nov. 7 he has seven tackles and the half-sack he shared with fellow rookie Gerald McCoy.

Not bad stats for a backup DT for 3 games, especially a rookie. DTs usually take a while to get going at the NFL level. Woods has always had the talent, but not the motivation. Maybe getting kicked around the NFL for a few months has served to motivate him. I'd rather not see him do well since he's with the enemy now, but he's certainly always had potential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom